THIS IS A DRAFT. Sirius 2.0.0 is not release yet.
Sirius 2.0.0 is a major release which focuses on better usability of diagrams, performance improvements, and better modularity. It also includes extensive automated test suites.
See also [TBD the announce on the mailing list].
It is recommended you use the update-site matching the version of Eclipse you use to avoid potential issues at runtime.
If you want to install the new
org.eclipse.sirius.tests feature, which provides APIs to help create automated tests of Sirius-based modelers, you will need to add the following update-site:
Juno users: Sirius depends on more recent versions of some components that what is available by default from a Juno install. You need to add the following update-sites if you want to install Sirius 1.0.0M7 on Juno:
- Orbit: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20140525021250/repository/
- Acceleo 3.4 (or 3.5): http://download.eclipse.org/acceleo/updates/releases/3.4/ (resp. http://download.eclipse.org/acceleo/updates/releases/3.5/)
- EEF 1.2 (or 1.3): http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/eef/updates/releases/1.2 (resp. http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/eef/updates/releases/1.3)
Sirius 1.0.0 is compatible with the following versions of Eclipse:
- Eclipse 3.8/4.2 (Juno)
- Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler)
- Eclipse 4.4 (Luna)
New & Noteworthy
- #434474: A significant effort has been made to ensure that Sirius plays well with other GMF-based modelers that share the same extension mechanisms. In particular, when having both Sirius and Papyrus installed together they should no longer interfere with each other (with actions from one visible in the other).
- #435204: As was the case for Sirius 0.9.0, we had to disable the table printing feature from the final 1.0.0 release, as the Eclipse Paperclips component we use for this has not been officially released yet.
- #435604, #435753, #435911, #435879, #436427: Many usability improvements in the VSM editor: better and more consistent menu labels, more logical order or elements in the context menus and in the property views.
- #426687: Optimized session modification tracking, part of an ongoing effort to improve session opening time.
- #430724: A new experimental Session saving policy is available (
org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.IsModifiedSavingPolicy). It has the potential to greatly improve the saving time of sessions with large resources, but is not considered well-tested enough yet to be the default. It can however be enabled explictly using
session.setSavingPolicy(new IsModifiedSavingPolicy(session.getTansactionalEditingDomain())). If you try it, please report any bug or behavior change.
See also the complete list of (95) tickets fixed since Sirius 0.9.0 and the N&N sections of the intermediate milestones between Sirius 0.9.0 and 1.0.0:
The following important issues are present in the 1.0.0 release. They were identified after the code freeze and could not be fixed in time. If possible (i.e. no API break needed), they will be fixed in 1.0.x maintenance releases.
- A formatting issue prevents the "Release Notes" from opening from "Help > Contents > Sirius > Release Notes". You can read them from https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/Release%20Notes.html instead. This will be fixed as part of Sirius 1.0.1.
- #436375 - Semantic models not automatically detected when converting into a Modeling Project. A workaround is to add them manually to the session using the Project Dependencies of the modeling project.
- #437251 - Trying to create a representation while Sirius is not yet initiliazed causes a NullPointerException. A simple (but not obvious) workaround is to switch to the "Modeling" or "Sirius" perspective at least once (which forces the initialization of the required parts of Sirius) before trying to create a representation.