Setup-Eclipse is a tool developed by Eike Stepper for the CDO users/contributors. Ed Merks contributed the configuration for EMF and now more projects have followed.
Using the Tool
The installer comes with a help page. For the moment, there's no authoring guide.
Just download, unzip and start the installer: Setup-***.zip
Not exhaustive list of features:
- Provisioning correct set of plugins in the Eclipse IDE.
- Binding Git repos (incl. personal Gerrit push URL).
- Checking out projects.
- Setting workspace preferences.
- Configuring dynamic working sets.
- Keeping project preferences files in sync.
The configuration is model driven, with the possibility to customize a lot for each project, each branch, each user…
Link to the opened bugs of the project.