1. Install and start sensiNact Gateway
This section explains how to install and start sensiNact Gateway under the Linux operating system.
sensiNact Gateway requires at least Java 6.0 but some features from third party libraries may require Java 7.0.
1.2. Install from sources
1. Fetch the sources using GIT:
git clone https://git.eclipse.org/r/sensinact/org.eclipse.sensinact.gateway
Note : You can check Sensinact Eclipse project website for more infos
2. Double check that you are running Maven 3:
3. Enter inside the newly created folder of sensiNact and compile it:
- cd org.eclipse.sensinact.gateway
- mvn clean install -DskipTests
The sensiNact distribution has been generated inside the repository distribution/sensinact-distribution-generator/target/sensinact.
1.3. Launch sensiNact Gateway
- Once installed, enter into the distribution directory:
- And make the sensinact executable runnable:
chmod a+x ./sensinct
- You can now configure the modules you need using the following command:
Some modules require to activate others modules to run. For example, each modules using the USB require the USB module to activated. In a near future, we plan to automate the activation of dependencies modules accordingly to the modules activated by the user.
For now, if you don't know what to select, you can start with the following modules:
- application: the app' manager
- http: http server
- json-path: for queries
- rest: the rest API
- simulation: the simulated devices
Once, you finished the configuration of the modules, you can start sensiNact using the following command.