Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
|Open Bugzilla tickets|
|Open Gerrit reviews|
SWTBot Community Support
How to ask a good question
To increase chances of getting quickly efficient answers to you question, ensure that the question you are asking has:
- Adequate context for others reading your question. Why you're trying to do something. What you're doing in order to achieve.
- Adequate information of what you've tried out so far. I've tried to do foo, then tried bar, but that did not work either, so I'm asking for support here. See Asking Questions The Smart Way
- Version numbers of Eclipse, available in "Help>About"
- Version number of SWTBot, available in "Help>About>Plug-in Details"
SWTBot Users Newsgroup & Forum
User community support is available in 2 ways, which mirrors one and other:
- Eclipse forum http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/74/
- Or, newsgroup access:
- server: news.eclipse.org
- group: eclipse.swtbot
- in order to access the Eclipse newsgroups, you need to request a password on the Eclipse newsgroups registration site.
- SWTBot newsgroups are available at news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.swtbot. See How do I read the newsgroups? for information on how you subscribe to and post to the newsgroups.
SWTBot Developer mailing-list
SWTBot contributors should also follow the [swtbot-dev mailing-list ], where they can ask questions about the development of SWTBot, discuss some architectural issues, announce upcoming huge features...
Several companies and individuals can provide professional support for SWTBot (to fix a bug that is important to you, or to implement a new feature in SWTBot). If you're looking for someone to help you, it's better to ask on the developer mailing-list and/or user forum.