|Open Bugzilla tickets|
|Open Gerrit reviews|
What is SWTBot?
SWTBot is an open-source Java based UI testing tool for testing SWT and Eclipse based applications.
SWTBot provides APIs that are simple to read and write. The APIs also hide the complexities involved with SWT and Eclipse. This makes it suitable for functional testing by everyone. SWTBot also provides its own set of assertions that are useful for SWT. You can also use your own assertion framework with SWTBot.
SWTBot can record and playback tests and integrates with Eclipse, and also provides for ant tasks so that you can run your builds from within CruiseControl or any other CI tool that you use.
SWTBot can run on all platforms that SWT runs on. Very few other testing tools provide such a wide variety of platforms.
Use Eclipse Install mechanism to install SWTBot. From Eclipse, use 'Help > Install New Software..." with the following sites
Latest release is always available at http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/snapshots. It is current SWTBot 2.1.0 (tested on Juno and later, most likely compatible with older Helios, Indigo, Juno, Kepler and later).
Latest snapshot build
Latest snapshot build (produced by CI builds from the last commit) are always available at http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/snapshots . It is currently *SWTBot 2.1.1*.
- SWTBot 2.0.5 (compatbile with Indigo and Juno) - http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/helios/dev-build/update-site
- SWTBot 2.0.4 (Galileo) - http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/galileo/dev-build/update-site
- SWTBot 2.0.4 (Ganymede) - http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/ganymede/dev-build/update-site
Internal links (should be up-to-date)
External links and articles
Support and community
- Newsgroups | news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.swtbot | Request a password
- Mailing list
- SWTBot on Eclipse Community Forums
- How to Contribute: Sources, builds, ...
- Old project page at SourceForge