|Update Site 1.x 2.x|
|Mailing List • Newsgroup • IRC|
What is SWTBot?
SWTBot is an open-source Java based UI testing tool for testing SWT and Eclipse based applications.
SWTBot provides APIs that are simple to read and write. The APIs also hide the complexities involved with SWT and Eclipse. This makes it suitable for functional testing by everyone. SWTBot also provides its own set of assertions that are useful for SWT. You can also use your own assertion framework with SWTBot.
SWTBot can record and playback tests and integrates with Eclipse, and also provides for ant tasks so that you can run your builds from within CruiseControl or any other CI tool that you use.
SWTBot can run on all platforms that SWT runs on. Very few other testing tools provide such a wide variety of platforms.
SWTBot 2.0 developer builds now available
A pre-alpha release of SWTBot is now available on the download site.
Direct download link: http://swtbot.sourceforge.net/artifacts/2.0-dev
Update site: http://swtbot.sourceforge.net/artifacts/2.0-dev/update-site
SWTBot proposal to move to eclipse.org
There is now a proposal to move SWTBot to eclipse.org. Over the year SWTBot has matured very well and this move will benefit he eclipse community by providing a testing tool for swt and eclipse based application.
Read more about the proposal here . You are invited to comment on and/or join the project. Please send all feedback to the SWTBot newsgroup.
- Latest Stable
- Direct download link: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=188411
- Update site: http://swtbot.sourceforge.net/update-site
- Trunk (version 1.x):
- Direct download link: http://swtbot.sourceforge.net/artifacts/trunk
- Update site: http://swtbot.sourceforge.net/artifacts/trunk/update-site
- Branch (Version 2.0):
- Direct download link: http://swtbot.sourceforge.net/artifacts/2.0-dev
- Update site: http://swtbot.sourceforge.net/artifacts/2.0-dev/update-site
- Mailing lists
- Newsgroup access:
- server: news.eclipse.org
- group: eclipse.swtbot
- in order to access the Eclipse newsgroups, you need to request a password on the Eclipse newsgroups registration site.