Difference between revisions of "Recommenders/Attic/TeamServer"
m (→Server Configuration)
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Revision as of 07:28, 31 October 2011
- Decent Linux/Win/Mac box with 2GHz, 2G RAM and Java 6 or better.
- Apache CouchDB 2.0 or higher (not officially released)
- Code Recommenders Team Server 0.4 or higher
- Download CouchDB developer preview from couchbase.com.
- Install CouchDB.
- Start CouchDB.
- Ensure that CouchDB's welcome page comes up.
- Change os_process_timeout config parameter from '5000' to '10000' or higher. The exact value depends on the power of your machine and the data you process.
Code Recommenders Team Server
- Download Code Recommenders latest team server (org.eclipse.recommenders.server-linux.gtk.x86_64.zip) from here. Note, the server platform is build-independent although the name suggests something different.
- Unzip org.eclipse.recommenders.server-linux.gtk.x86_64.zip to any directory on your local disc. This directory is referred to as $SERVER_HOME from here on.
- Start the server by executing $SERVER_HOME/start.sh (you may set the x-flag to execute the script). The server now starts with a OSGI console.
- In the console enter "initCouchdb". This creates and initializes all databases on the local Apache CouchDB instance.
That's it. The server should be up an ready to use. Next, you can upload your own data to the server.
In $SERVER_HOME/configuration/config.ini, the code search server url has to be modified to point to your actual service that offers the source code files.
TODO: this should be simplified. Every installation needs to change this setting. Is there a simple way to figure out under which IP/name the JAX-RS webservice was queried? NOTE: baseurl MUST be fully qualified including the port number. Apache HTTPD proxy rewrites all incoming URLs and unescapes all slashes used for type names and thus results in 404 when using code search. (codesearch/source%2FLorg%2FMyclass --> codesearch/source/Lorg/Myclass --> 404 since this url identifies a non-existant reosurce).
Update your clients to use the new server instead of Code Recommenders' default server by changing the following urls in Preferences>>Code Recommenders:
- Code Search: http://your-team-server:29750/codesearch
- Extdoc: http://your-team-server-name:5984/extdoc (note: port is CouchDB port for extdoc!)
- UDC: http://your-team-server:29750/udc
See Recommenders/TeamServer#User Friendly URLs to see how to get rid of the port numbers.
TODO: Point to a crowd-sourcing page and explain that data needs to be uploaded by the clients into the team server.
TODO: explain how to set up the cron-job to generate new extdoc and calls models on a nightly basis.
User Friendly URLs
Code Recommenders server is per default started on port 29750. You may override this by editing $SERVER_HOME/configuration/configuration.ini or by using an existing Apache HTTPD server as proxy. How to use an existing Apache HTTPD as proxy is shown below:
# in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/proxy.conf add: <IfModule mod_proxy.c> [...] ProxyPass /udc http://localhost:29750/udc ProxyPassReverse /udc http://localhost:29750/udc ProxyPass /extdoc http://localhost:5984/extdoc ProxyPassReverse /extdoc http://localhost:5984/extdoc # NOTE: this only works for search queries! codesearch/source request still have to use port 29750! ProxyPass /codesearch http://localhost:29750/codesearch ProxyPassReverse /codesearch http://localhost:29750/codesearch </IfModule>
Next, enable the required modules and restart the server:
root@host:# a2enmod proxy root@host:# a2enmod proxy_http root@host:# service apache2 restart