Platform UI/Multi-instance Properties View
< Platform UI
Revision as of 04:00, 22 September 2008 by Bugs.eclipse.org.lemmster.de (→Ideas/Use cases/Requirements for multi-instance Properties View (PV):)
Ideas/Use cases/Requirements for multi-instance Properties View (PV) bug 248103:
- Pin PV to current selection (stop following selection)
- Inherit parents settings (For PV org.eclipse.ui.part.WorkbenchPart.getPartProperties() might be an option)
- Inherit parents input (requires API to get the Input from the parent)
- New one has focus?
- Open the new view either on the same stack or else where? (If the user wants to compare two objects, a stacked view doesn't fit)
- Back and forward buttons to navigate between the property view instances
- Multiple PV instances are still restorable?
- Open the properties view from the context menu of the current selection (show in) (Object id might be used for secondary view id).