Platform UI/Build Submission
< Platform UI
Revision as of 14:29, 13 November 2007 by Kevin mcguire.ca.ibm.com (→How to do an Integration Build submission)
How to do an Integration Build submission
- Load releng tools
- go to http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/
- pick the build matching your install
- scroll to bottom, last section should be titled org.eclipse.releng.tools plug-in
- download to your install dir. Note: to verify they're installed, start up eclipse, pick a project and popup menu. You should see "Fix Copyrights..."
- Go to CVS repo, load the modules (they will be at the bottom)
- Load the project
- Note: the project org.eclipse.ui.carbon will have errors if you are not on carbon. You should have no other errors though.
- Run the test suites. To do this:
- Open up Run->Run Configurations
- Under JUnit Plug-in Tests, select each test in turn and run. You can't multi select, so each test is run on its own.
- Note: The JFace-All and RCP Test Suite require that the workbench have focus otherwise you will get false errors. Go get a coffee while running these since you can't use your machine.
- Select all the projects, pop up the menu and pick Team->Release...
- Check the "Generate Build Notes" option at the bottom of the dialog.
- Only take ui.map
- Click on the generate Build Notes button
- Note: build notes file is in org.eclipse.ui/buildnotes_workbench.html
- Select all text and paste into your mailer. Later, use this text to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying of build submission.
- Type "Submission for X" where X is the date/time for the corresponding build