Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Planning Council/Sept 03 2008
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Sept 03, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1200 NYC / 1700 London / 1800 Berlin|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, please see the Portal page.|
- Richard Gronback
- Neil Hauge
- David Williams
- Philippe Mulet
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Anthony Hunter
- Ed Merks
- (Add your name here...)
- Oisin Hurley
- Doug Gaff
- Markus Knauer
- Galileo Requirements for Participation - begin to discuss each (keep, toss, amend)
- Accessibility? New project at Eclipse to aid in development guidelines? ACTF?
- How to verify? Tooling? Checklist updated per milestone? - We need to define a process of validating. Use bugzilla? (use priority for must/should do, assign milestone, assign to each project for each item and track with report?)
- Make capabilities definition a must-do? Package separately?
- Add Babel participation as a must-do? Need agreed upon date for string freeze for localization.
- Increase importance of API usage violations? Make a "strong recommendation"? Advertise tooling/best practices. Document all exceptions with plan for migration off improper usage, including bugs submitted to open API where required.
- Order should do list by priority.
- Suggest M6 as API freeze for all (documented?)
- Suggest M7 as the latest performance & scalability testing for all projects (currently, the milestone used by platform)
- Look in RSS feed requirement
- Splash page icon (#12)
- About dialog icons?
- Combine Encouraged and Could Do into Must/Should do list (or, use P1-P4 in bugzilla?)
- Define what is found in an SDK to provide consistency (finally)?
- In person meeting to coincide with EclipseWorld
- December 10-11, 2008 - plenary session with Board
- IP process improvement discussion with Janet Campbell - conflict for this call, so perhaps the next?
- Query Babel project for string freeze deadline and participation requirement info (Rich)
- Query ACTF for information on accessibility to include as release requirement (Rich)
- Investigate the use of p2 to create a "virtual" simultaneous release update site, sans the jar copying (Rich)
- Look into having a "name that train" contest to coincide with EclipseCon each year (artwork as well?) (Bjorn)