Planning Council/May 06 2015
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, May 6, 2015, at 1200 Noon Eastern|
|Dial in:|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- Neon is Mars+1 name!
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like.
- Any issues?
Progress on Action Items
- Improving user experience in finding right function to install. For latest ideas, see
- bug 459905 - Create a Marketplace for the simultaneous release.
- Overall, would be "driven" by Eclipse Foundation, but they would need help from top level projects, and the Planning Council.
- Do we need to improve wording in Policy of new projects joining in SR's
- - Its original intent was to say "Yes, new projects and features can join SRs" -- without requiring Planning Council exception, if they meet the requirements set out in that policy.
- - But, as we clarified some wording/sections, especially the one about "no major releases", intended to avoid breaking API changes (for train, and adopters), that seems to be oriented towards only "new features", but, in a way, rules out "new projects" (since, by technical definition, would be a "major" version change from "nothing" to "1.0.0"?) But, I do not believe was the intent. After all, if it is completely new API, it would hardly have the ability to break anyone (at least, at API level ... "fitting in" and not breaking anyone, was the purpose of "getting into SR early".
- - Is this confusing? Should it be clarified?
- June 10, 2015 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting -- last meeting before release!
- 2013 EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.