Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/January 06 2010"
|Line 154:||Line 154:|
Revision as of 04:11, 6 January 2010
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, January 06, 2010, at 1700 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1200 NYC / 1700 London / 1800 Berlin|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
Any SR2 issues? We will try RC1 as a rollup-warmup. RC2 will be true "release candidate".
- Thanks for the summary, John!
- John asks, What do we call this thing we do? "simultaneous release", "coordinated release", "annual release", "release train"?
- And ... who releases it? "The Eclipse Foundation", "The Eclipse Community", "The Eclipse Projects"?
- Discuss Helios/Participating_Projects document? Finalize?
Proposed (initial) Cross-Project Teams
Notes: Kaloyan summarized recommendation (see end of wiki page).
- Tim deBoer (IBM/WTP)
- Oleg Besedin (Platform)
Structure of Common Discovery Site
- users vs. extenders (minimum runtimes vs. SDKs)
- runtime targets vs. tools
- hierarchical categories (are more levels required?)
How to track
- Web App (form based). Need concrete proposal for sizing.
What needs to be done for e4?
- create (and update) helios container plan (Wayne (re) volunteered)
- coordinate community input for next year's name (Oliver says last year this was started "shortly before EclipseCon" ... so, no rush).