Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Planning Council/December 5 2018

< Planning Council
Revision as of 06:40, 14 December 2018 by Daniel Megert.ch.ibm.com (Talk | contribs) (Attendance)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, Dec 5, 2018, at 11:00 EST
Dial in: Topic: Planning Council Meeting

Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320

Or iPhone one-tap :

   US: +16699006833,,928841320#  or +14086380968,,928841320# 

Or Telephone:

   Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
       US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968  or +1 646 876 9923 
       Canada: +1 647 558 0588 
       France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 
       Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 
       United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 
       Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 
       Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 
       Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 
       Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 
   Meeting ID: 928 841 320
   International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf 

Members

Temporary Planning Council Chair: Nick Boldt Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats (returns Dec 2018)

Eclipse Foundation

  • Wayne Beaton
  • Frederic Gurr
  • Mikael Barbero

Strategic Members

  • CA Technologies
  • CEA LIST
  • Fujitsu Limited
  • IBM (Thomas Watson)
  • Obeo (Melanie Bats)
  • Oracle (Neil Hauge)
  • Payara Services Ltd.
  • Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
  • Robert Bosch GmbH
  • SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
  • Tomitribe

PMC Representatives

  • Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
  • Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
  • Eclipse EE4J PMC
  • Eclipse IoT PMC
  • LocationTech PMC
  • Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
  • Eclipse Mylyn PMC (Sam Davis)
  • PolarSys PMC
  • Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
  • Eclipse Science PMC
  • Eclipse SOA PMC (Adrian Mos)
  • Eclipse Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
  • Eclipse Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
  • Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Chuck Bridgham)

Previous meeting minutes

  • Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.

Attendance

Write your name here if you attended and you enjoy collecting this type of metadata.

  • Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)

Agenda

  • Nick: Calendar updated with 2019-03 and 2019-06 dates
    • Dani: Either approve in the meeting or set a deadline
      • Dani, Nick, Alex, Wayne: approves
  • Wayne: Process items
    • AI: Wayne: add item to calendar: validate participation list (on March 8); repeat for 2019-06 schedule
    • AI: Wayne document participation validation process
    • AI: Wayne make sure that aggrcon file touching is a MUST DO in https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements
    • AI: Nick to talk to Wayne re: automating the validation process via a new job/script hosted on simrel JIPP
    • AI: Nick update wiki re: Jan meeting on 9th, not 2nd (because NYE / holidays)
    • AI: Wayne to remove offsets from project pages, but keep it in the simrel release req
  • Fred: Simrel status
    • RC1 is due Friday, RC2 next week. No problems at the moment, release should be done before holidays.

Actions from last time

Per: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/November_7_2018#Agenda

  • AI: Fred to delegate to web team to push all & mark red w/ bug details - maybe for M2?
    DONE
  • AI: Dani to email Thabang (cc: Ed) about replacing "Simrel" with "IDE" on download and marketing pages because "Simrel" makes his eyes hurt (though it should be noted that instead of calling the release a "train" he does refer to it as "the simrel") :P
    DONE
  • AI: Alex to talk to Wayne about appointing Sopot
    DONE Sopot has is now an appointed member of the Eclipse Planning Council
  • AI: Wayne: add a new date to the simrel schedule for when an announcement is send to cross-projects@, to report who we think is participating. If URLs are found w/ /latest/ or snapshot, they should be disabled?
    DONE in principle. Wayne did send out the report and has responded to feedback to update the list of participating projects and versions.
  • AI: Wayne: send note to cross-projects@ to announce not opting in
    DONE in principle. Wayne derived and communicated the list of participating projects; in that communication, he provided instructions for opting out.
  • AI: Wayne: update "ASAP" re: "Create your release record (for new releases)". Actual date is on/before Oct 19.
    DONE Communication regarding participation includes a reminder to create a release record.
  • AI: Wayne to produce documentation re: rules and send to planning-council list
    NOT DONE Wayne forgets the requirements, but we think this might have been about participation validation / process
  • AI: Fred restrict pushing to simrel w/o gerrit review
    DONE

New business

  • TBD

Regrets

Notes

Back to the top