Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Planning Council/August 1 2018
- 1 Logistics
- 2 Members
- 3 Previous meeting minutes
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Attendance
- 6 Regrets
- 7 Notes
Pay attention time has changed, the meeting is one hour earlier than before
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, August 1, 2018, at 11:00 EDT|
|Dial in:|| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,928841320# or +14086380968,,928841320#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 928 841 320 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats
- Wayne Beaton
- Frederic Gurr
- Mikael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Ericsson AB (Marc-Andre Laperle)
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- itemis AG (Alexander Nyssen)
- Obeo (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) PMC (Gary Xue)
- Data Tools Platform PMC (Brian Payton)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- LocationTech Technology
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
- Eclipse Science
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
- Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Carl Anderson)
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
- Need chair for September, October & November meetings
- PC Call cadence
- 2018-09 : Status
- Opt-in process
- CQ deadline
- Update of the Simultaneous Release Requirements document : https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements#State_intent_early_.28M4.29
Aleksandar Kurtakov, Wayne Beaton, Frederic Gurr, Mikael Barbero, Martin Lippert, Melanie Bats, Nick Boldt, Thomas Watson
Need chair for September, October & November meetings
Nick Boldt will be the Planning Council chair while Mélanie will be on maternity leave (September, October & November), the next calls will be on :
- Sep 12 /!\ one week after the usual date (added to planning council Google calendar)
- Oct 3
- Nov 7
PC Call cadence
Nick proposed to re-think the Planning Council call cadence as the Release train cadence changed. During the call it was discussed to change the call to 3, 4 or 6 weeks, everyone aggreed to keep the actual monthly call cadence and that if needed new call can be scheduled at any time.
2018-09 : Status
M1 done, few changes around. Fred is working on free style jobs to jenkins pipelines. M2 is coming up and M3 is for end of august.
It was discussed to clarify the opt-in process. The projects must declare their intent once a year, our purpose is to be sure that they are still paying attention. It was also discussed to just use the aggregation files to detect whose in but it appears that some projects are not contributing to the aggregation files but they are part of the Simultaneaous Release. Wayne will start a conversation about that topic on the Planning Council mailing list. We agreed that project could declare their intent :
- to continue to participate to the SimRel before M1 of the September release, this means that they would participate to all the releases from September to June.
- to integrate the SimRel before M1 of any releases.
- to drop off at any time.
Mélanie will update the release requirements document accordingly.
Actually the CQ deadline was a 3 month deadline, as the entire cycle is now compressed, Wayne proposed to put the CQ deadline to the end of the 3rd week in the release cycle, but we do not know what would be the IP team workload. Alex said that we can't set deadline. It is convenient for project to provide in last minutes some more dependencies used as internal. He proposed to not provide deadlines but instead guidelines. For example, CQ for external use should be done by M2. In general the planning council would give advise and assume responsible behavior from the projects. Wayne will rethink about how to manage the IP team work queue & will continue the discussion on the Planning Council mailing list.
Update of the Simultaneous Release Requirements document
Mélanie updated the document and asks other to review it, it should be updated accordingly to the opt-in process decision discussed before : https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements#State_intent_early_.28M4.29