< Planning Council
Revision as of 13:35, 1 December 2021 by Jonah.kichwacoders.com (Talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Notes == === 2021-12 release status === * Discussed PDT + PHP EPP broken issue - see conversations https://www.eclipse.org/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg03514.htm...")
2021-12 release status
- Discussed PDT + PHP EPP broken issue - see conversations https://www.eclipse.org/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg03514.html and https://www.eclipse.org/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg03523.html
- Jonah will work with PDT team (specifically Dawid Pakula) to try to get respin PDT in for 2021-12
- If PDT team can't resolve issue in time, Jonah (via Tools PMC) will request to join PDT as a committer so that a respin can be done
- We may need to slip the EPP build date to have time to get this in. No consideration for slipping the release date yet.
- Platform team plan to have test dependencies in PGP only form from Maven directly instead of Orbit. This will allow testing install flow for PGP signed jars.
- IDE WG minutes were shared with Planning Council - see https://www.eclipse.org/lists/eclipse-ide-wg/msg00114.html
- Wayne has volunteered to try and put together the document that is digestible by the IDE WG and reviewers. The source material is "Implemented PGP and p2 strategy as alternative to jarsigner" as initially assembled by Mickael Istria is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dl10ia092X5hN1qfKoHYvriCNM-iBqiOkfjnntxaBbk/edit - other sources (some are linked from the document):
- "Build artifacts made available at the Eclipse Foundation are verifiably the ones built by respective projects." https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=575904
- "Support manual (UI) addition/removal of trusted PGP keys" https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=577193
- "A way to add trusted PGP keys as update-able extensions" https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=577248
- Early discussions on ML https://www.eclipse.org/lists/platform-dev/msg02970.html
"Top 3 Issues"
- The discussions from IDE WG were shared with planning council. The formal minutes of these discussions in the IDE WG should be published in a couple of weeks.
The membership of the Planning Council needs a review, but due to lack of time at this meeting the topic has been delayed until the next meeting.