Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Planning Council/2019-02-06

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, Feb 6, 2019, at 11:00 EST
Dial in: Topic: Planning Council Meeting

Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320

Or iPhone one-tap :

   US: +16699006833,,928841320#  or +14086380968,,928841320# 

Or Telephone:

   Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
       US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968  or +1 646 876 9923 
       Canada: +1 647 558 0588 
       France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 
       Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 
       United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 
       Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 
       Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 
       Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 
       Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 
   Meeting ID: 928 841 320
   International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf 

Members

Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats

Eclipse Foundation

  • Wayne Beaton
  • Frederic Gurr
  • Mikael Barbero

Strategic Members

  • CA Technologies
  • CEA LIST
  • Fujitsu Limited
  • IBM (Thomas Watson)
  • Obeo (Melanie Bats)
  • Oracle (Neil Hauge)
  • Payara Services Ltd.
  • Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
  • Robert Bosch GmbH
  • SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
  • Tomitribe

PMC Representatives

  • Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
  • Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
  • Eclipse Enterprise for Java PMC
  • IoT PMC
  • Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
  • Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
  • PolarSys PMC
  • Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
  • Eclipse Science PMC
  • Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
  • Eclipse Technology PMC (Gunnar Wagenknecht)
  • Tools Project PMC (Alexander Kurtakov)
  • Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Nitin Dahyabhai)

Appointed Members

  • Appointed (Mikael Barbero)
  • Appointed (Markus Knauer)
  • Appointed (Mike Milinkovich)
  • Appointed (Sopot Cela)
  • Appointed (Wayne Beaton)

Previous meeting minutes

  • Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/2019-01-09

Attendance

Regrets

Agenda

  • Actions follow-up
  • Next release update
  • WildWebDeveloper project joining March SimRel
  • June & September schedules

Actions follow-up

  • Mélanie : Prepare the schedule for the June & September releases
Added to the call agenda for validation : June Plan & September proposal dates
DONE
  • Mélanie : Contact Wayne & Nick to get follow-up about the following actions
DONE
  • Wayne: add item to calendar: validate participation list (on March 8); repeat for 2019-06 schedule
March 8 (Milestone 3) seems too late. Don't recall agreeing to validate at that point (maybe assemble the list, but we need to validate sooner than that). Post to cross-project-issues-dev.
DONE
  • Wayne : document participation validation process
The participation requirements section was updated. A note was sent out to cross-project-issues-dev.
DONE
DONE
  • Nick : to talk to Wayne re: automating the validation process via a new job/script hosted on simrel JIPP
Bash script used by Wayne, manual process.
DONE
  • Wayne to remove offsets from project pages, but keep it in the simrel release req
Follow up with web dev gays.
DONE
  • Wayne : to clean up PMC rep list
The PMC and Strategic Member representatives are now accurate on the most recent meeting minutes page. Also added appointed members.
DONE
Given the current focus of the Planning Council, Wayne don't think that we'll be able to get much interest from the companies and TLPs that are missing representatives. Wayne will ask the business development folks about whether or not Robert Bosche might be interested (and maybe CEA List). Eclipse Science may be interested as well; Wayne will send a note to their PMC list. Pretty sure that only Adrian Mos is inactive in the current list. Eclipse SOA should be terminated relatively soon, so just leave it.
DONE

Notes

Next release update

Business as usual, M2 on Friday, everything is ok. Tiny little change Mickaël Istria opened a bugzilla to remove the index.html as now directory is browsable. It will be removed for the next coming release. Dani asked if there is some news about marketing activities, if Sopot or Thabang are taking care of it ?

WildWebDeveloper

WildWebDeveloper project is joining March SimRel in M2.

June & September schedules

Mélanie asked to review the June Plan on the wiki & the September proposal dates on the Google calendar.

Actions

  • Dani : will send an email to get updates about marketing activities for 2019-03.
DONE
  • All : Please review the June Plan wiki page and the Google calendar dates for 2019-09. Mélanie will send an email to ask everyone to approve the schedule.Actions follow-up
  • All : Review the updates done by Wayne on the participation process.

Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.