Papyrus/Oxygen Work Description/Refactoring/DocumentationRefactoring
< Papyrus | Oxygen Work Description
Revision as of 09:10, 9 December 2016 by Quentin.lemenez.cea.fr (Talk | contribs)
The Documentation of papyrus should get an overall refactoring, be it on its visualization or its location.
This work will follow the following steps:
- Find out the existing state of the documentation and the extent of the work to be done.
- Remove outdated and therefore not useful, and at worse confusing, documentation leftovers.
- Update the documentation to the newest user interface and functionalities when possible.
- Create a common visual chart that future documentation attempts will have to respect. This taking form as Wiki and plugin charts in order to federate all documentations and improve the user experience.
As a guideline here are subsequent steps that should be taken if possible:
- Trim the existing wiki pages to extract their content inside documentation plugins in order to regroup all the information provided and avoid having to check multiple mediums to get the information available.
- Dissociate the user and developer doc to present the clearest picture available and the most adapted to each's expectations.
- Generate the documentation automatically during weekly builds.
A first draft of the doc example plugin can be found here. And the related wiki page here.