Papyrus-RT/User/User Guide/Eclipse Installer
Installing Papyrus for Real Time using the Eclipse Installer
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Install the Eclipse Installer
- 3 Install Papyrus for Real Time
- 4 Add Papyrus-RT to the list of projects
- 5 Install Papyrus-RT
- 6 Launch!
- 7 [Optional and Recommended] Install Eclipse CDT
- 8 Done!
This tutorial will show you how to install Papyrus for Real Time using the Oomph-based Eclipse Installer.
Note: You will need Java 1.7 installed.
Note: The instructions in this tutorial are illustrated using screen captures from multiple operating systems. Steps and images may differ slightly if the installation is done on a different operating system (both Windows and Mac OS are supported for developing models). Some of these differences have been indicated when known, but some may also be missing.
Install the Eclipse Installer
First, you will need to download and install the Eclipse Installer.
Note: If you are installing into an existing Eclipse workbench, you can follow the instructions on the "[Papyrus-RT/User Guide/Installation | Installing Papyrus for Real Time - Manual Installation]" tutorial.
- Go to http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Installer
- Download the "Eclipse Installer" package for your operating system
- Decompress the downloaded archive to a folder such as "~/Apps/EclipseInstaller/" (folder name and location will vary depending on operating system)
Install Papyrus for Real Time
Now that the installer is available and you have the Papyrus-RT installation configuration file, you can install the software.
Start the Eclipse Installer
- Open the eclipse-installer folder and double-click on the eclipse-inst application.
Skip ahead if Papyrus-RT setup is already available
If you see Papyrus-RT in the list of products after opening the Eclipse Installer, go to step  Install Papyrus-RT
Add Papyrus-RT to the list of projects
You have now started the Eclipse Installer.
However, the Papyrus-RT product is not available in the list of projects presented to you. You will have to manually add it to the list.
- Click on the icon at the top right.
- Select "Advanced Mode..."
This has for effect to restart the Eclipse Installer in the "Advanced Mode", which will allow you to specify an external setup file.
Set up the Papyrus-RT configuration
You can now set up the Papyrus-RT configuration that will define the how to install the product.
- Select the <User Products> from the list.
- Click on the [+] to the right of the filter box to add a user product.
- In the resulting dialog, enter the following URL in the "Resource URIs:" box.
- Click [OK].
Go back to simple mode
The Papyrus-RT product is now available in the list of products.
- Click on the "Switch to simple mode" button to get back to the simpler interface.
You can now install the Papyrus-RT product
- Click on [Papyrus-RT]
- Select the desired version of Papyrus-RT to install (latest version is shown by default)
- Validate the Java VM
- Pick the location for the installation
- Click on [Install]
You can now click on [LAUNCH] to start creating models!
[Optional and Recommended] Install Eclipse CDT
If you plan on doing more than just modeling using UML-RT, such as generating, building, and running C++ code, you will also need to install the Eclipse CDT.