Papyrus-RT/User/User Guide/Eclipse Installer
Installing Papyrus for Real Time using the Eclipse Installer
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Install the Eclipse Installer
- 3 Download the Papyrus-RT configuration file
- 4 Install Papyrus for Real Time
- 5 Done!
This tutorial will show you how to install Papyrus for Real Time using the Oomph-based Eclipse Installer.
Note: You will need Java 1.7 installed.
Note: The instructions in this tutorial are illustrated using Linux. Steps and images may differ slightly if the installation is done on a different operating system (both Windows and Mac OS are supported for developing models). Some of these differences have been indicated when known, but some may also be missing.
Install the Eclipse Installer
First, you will need to download and install the Eclipse Installer.
Note: If you are installing into an existing Eclipse workbench, you can follow the instructions on the "[Papyrus-RT/User Guide/Installation | Installing Papyrus for Real Time - Manual Installation]" tutorial.
- Go to http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
- Download the "Eclipse Installer" package for your operating system
- Decompress the downloaded archive to a folder such as "~/Apps/EclipseInstaller/" (folder name and location will vary depending on operating system)
Download the Papyrus-RT configuration file
- Download the Papyrus-RT-specific configuration file for the Eclipse Installer. You can use the folder from the previous step.
Install Papyrus for Real Time
Now that the installer is available and you have the Papyrus-RT installation configuration file, you can install the software.
Start the Eclipse Installer
- Open the eclipse-installer folder and double-click on the eclipse-inst application.
The Eclipse Installer Projects
You have now started the Eclipse Installer.
However, the Papyrus-RT product is not available in the list of projects presented to you. You will have to manually add it to the list.
- Click on the icon at the top right.
- Select "Advanced Mode..."
This has for effect to restart the Eclipse Installer in the "Advanced Mode", which will allow you to specify an external setup file.
Set up the Papyrus-RT configuration
You can now set up the Papyrus-RT configuration that will define the how to install the product.
- Select the from the list.
- Click on the [+] to the right of the filter box to add a user product.
- In the resulting dialog, click on [Browse File System...].
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the "Papyrus-rt.setup" file.
- Click [OK].
- The Papyrus-RT.setup file is shown in the dialog.
- Click [OK] to complete the selelection.
Go back to simple mode
The Papyrus-RT product is now available in the list of products.
- Click on the "Switch to simple mode" button to get back to the simpler interface.
You can now install the Papyrus-RT product
- Click on [Papyrus-RT]
- Validate the Java VM
- Pick the location for the installation
- Click on [Install]
Accept the licenses
You will have to accept the licences to continue the installation.
- Review and [Accept] the licenses
Accept unsigned content
Some of the Papyrus-RT content is unsigned at the time these instructions were created.
- Click [Accept].
You can now click on [LAUNCH] to start creating models!