Papyrus-RT/Releases/Neon v0.9 Release Notes
Papyrus-RT v0.9 Release Notes
This release is considered a beta release for the project.
There are still a few known issues within this software,listed below, but we believe the quality is at a point where we can formally support early acces to users outside of the development team and the project's few, select early supporters.
Note that the descriptions of the known issues, below, are summarized from the corresponding bug discussion.
- Bug 511758 - Closing a newly opened diagram causes the user to loose navigation/context
- Description: If you close a newly opened diagram, e.g. after double clicking on a capsule part to navigate to the structure diagram of the capsule typing the capsule part, or double clicking a composite state to open the state diagram of that composite state, then the previous open diagram is not in focus, but instead the new welcome tab is opened instead.
- Steps to reproduce:
- # Create a UML-RT model
- # Create two capsules in this model
- # Open the structure diagram of the first capsule
- # Drag-and-drop the second capsule on the diagram of the first to create a capsule part
- # Double-click on the capsule part to open the structure diagram of the second capsule
- # Now close the newly opened structure diagram of the second capsule by using the red x on the diagram tab at the botton of the model editor
- # Actual result: The welcome page is now displayed
- # Expected result: The structure diagram of the first capsule, i.e. the previous open diagram, should be displayed. This is especially important if the user have lots of diagrams open.
- The same is applicable for the case when double-clicking a composite state to open its diagram.
- Bug 512279 - Direct editor for a state does not finish edit when pressing enter
- Description: When using the direct editor for a state in a state-machine diagram, either directly after creating the state, or selecting the state in the diagram and pressing F2, and pressing the enter key to finish editing the name, moves the cursor to the next line and does not finish the editing as expected.
- Steps to reproduce:
- # Create a UML-RT model based on the "UML-RT for C++" template
- # Create a capsule
- # Create a state-machine for the capsule
- # Open the state-machine diagram
- # Add a new state using the state tool from the palette
- # The direct editor is not activated
- # Start typing a new name and press enter
- # The edit box is now increased with a new line and the cursor is placed on the new line
- # Expected result would have been to simply finish the naming of the state, similar to how it is done for choice point and other pseudo-states.
- Bug 512295 - Make it possible to convert a composite state back to a simple state
- Description: After double clicking on a state in a capsule state machine to convert it into a composite state, it is not possible for a user to convert that composite state back into a simple state.
- Bug 512895 = Copy-paste of Port in structure diagram behaves inconsistently
- Description: Copying an pasting a port in a capsule diagram to create a new port does not display the newly created port.
- Bug 487356 - Code generation fails on "pass-through" connectors
- Description: The code generator has some problem correctly interpreting the model with delegation vs. assembly clear. Most of this now works correctly except that a test case failure is preventing the release of the solution in the 0.9 release.
- Note: This bug contains good information about the pass-through pattern and its ports and connectors that has been summarised in the UML-RT section of the wiki
- Bug 513808 - Code generation error related to connector between internal behavior port and inherited port
- Description: A code generator error gets generated for the case of connector between an internal behavior port and an inherited port on a capsule part, i.e. the capsule part is typed by a subclass capsule which inherits an external behavior port from its superclass capsule.