PTP/workshops/PTP Workshop 2014
PTP Workshop and Hackathon
Agenda etc. to be constructed here.
Date is Tues-Wed August 12-13 in Baton Rouge
Steve posted a doodle poll to query preferences on dates
- August 12-13 was selected
There is limited travel funding support available on a first-come-first-served basis, so sign up early!
The venue will be in room 1030 of CCT's new building, the Digital Media Center (http://laetc.com/louisiana-digital-media-center/).
Steve Brandt is available by phone at 225 287 8548.
Hotel space is available at
- Lod Cook (0.8 miles away, http://www.thecookhotel.com/),
- Staybridge Suites at 4001 Nicholson Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, has a fridge and other amenities, and has more places to go within walking distance.
Steve said he can shuttle people by car if necessary.
The goal of the Hackathon is to collaboratively work for a short intense period of time to help:
- introduce new developers to PTP and Photran code development,
- strengthen the understanding of all PTP developers of PTP/Photran code,
- do intense collaboration on PTP development,
- close PTP bugs,
- brainstorm new features and problem solving for PTP
It should be fun and productive. Our host Steven Brandt assures us that both the food and the air conditioning in Louisiana are top notch.
These topics haven't been assigned a slot in the agenda below but i don't want to lose the ideas:
- Git/Gerrit, how to set up, create a bug, submit a patch via Gerrit, review via Gerrit, update patch, commit patch and see it in the build - do this early in the hackathon. Document PTP recommended procedures in wiki.
- Gather PTP best practices, hints and tips, all the neat little things we always discover about doing things in Eclipse when we watch each other in the development process.
Please add other topic ideas here:
- Combine PTP and CDT debuggers
- Integrate PTP debugger with CDT multicore visualizer
- Getting documentation up to date (debugger pre-reqs, MPICH2 example, MPICH2 for debug...)
Day 1 09:00-09:15 Introduction 09:15-10:15 Overview of PTP architecture 10:15-10:30 Break 10:30-11:00 Discussion on priorities 11:00-12:00 Hackathon 12:00-13:00 Lunch 13:00-15:00 Hackathon 15:00-15:30 Break 15:30-17:00 Hackathon
19:00 Dinner at venue TBD
09:00-10:00 Progress reports, issues, guidance 10:00-10:15 Break 10:15-12:00 Hackathon 12:00-13:00 Lunch 13:00-15:00 Hackathon 15:00-15:30 Break 15:30-16:30 Hackathon 16:30-17:00 Discussion and wrap up