PTP/new and noteworthy/8.0.0
The following are new features that are planned to be available in PTP 8.0 and Photran 8.2, released with
Eclipse Luna (4.4) on June 27, 2014.
This page can be considered to be under construction until that time.
- 1 Parallel Package changes
- 2 Core Features
- 3 External Tools Framework (ETFw)
- 4 Remote Development Tools (RDT)
- 5 Fortran (Photran)
- 6 Help/docs
- 7 Features removed
Parallel Package changes
The Eclipse package all-in-one download "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers" is updated with the latest Luna release contents of most interest to our users. You can download it at http://eclipse.org/downloads
Target system configurations
Implemented support for debugging MPICH applications in SDM
External Tools Framework (ETFw)
Uses Feedback view to map findings of Perfsuite analysis to source code lines in the editor.
Remote Development Tools (RDT)
- The C/C++ Development Tools that are included with the "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers" have also been updated for Eclipse Luna. See their newest features on their New and Noteworthy for 8.4 page.
- CDT 8.3 improvements to multi-process debugging, implemented to help multi-core debugging ... if these show up for PTP debugging, advertise here
Photran 8.2 (included in PTP 8.0) is primarily a maintenance release. See below for bugs fixed in this release.