Revision as of 17:06, 7 May 2015 by John arthorne.ca.ibm.com (Created page with "== How to triage a bug == # Make sure there is an owner for the bug. The owner must not be the inbox user. Use the component owner table to determine the owner. Being the own...")
How to triage a bug
- Make sure there is an owner for the bug. The owner must not be the inbox user. Use the component owner table to determine the owner. Being the owner means: watching it, knowledgeable in that code area, knows how to answer questions, help someone who wants to work on it
- Set the bug priority. If unsure leave it as default (P3).
- Make sure it is in the right bugzilla component
- P1: Stop ship. Fix it now!
- P2: Important, in progress
- P3: Maybe someone will get to it
- P4: Nice to have, probably won't get to it
- P5: Probably won't happen
- Add the "helpwanted" keyword for easy, non-critical bugs that would be good for a newcomer to work on
- Make sure the severity is set to "enhancement" for feature requests. For other severities leave it as selected by bug originator.
Bugzilla component list:
0-375,000 AM 375,000-400,000 Car 400,000-420,000 LW 420,000-440,000 EM 440,000-449,999 SN 450,000-459,999 460,000+
Deployment Doc JA Docker BG Editor SSQ Git GG JS Tools CW, MR Marketplace Node MM, PW OrionHub JA Releng JA Server AH