Provides support for Higgins clients, including the Higgins Browser Extension.
More Proposed Methods for the RP Protocol Support
In this section, we present two additional interfaces for this component.
- Get a Digital Identity
// Get a DigitalIdentity that will satisfy the RP agent's policy // Return a DigitalIdentity token DigitalIdentity getDigitalIdentity(RPSPolicy policy)
Example use: When the user's browser with the Higgins extension lands on a site that requires a Digital Identity for authentication, HBX sends a 'getDigitalIdentity' request to RP Protocol Support passing the Relying Party Security Policy along as a parameter.
Connection to Higgins Client
- Create a new account on the Higgins service registered to the client (e.g. HBX)
- Verification of HBX authentication
- Returns the Terms of Service of the Higgins service (human readable text document)
HTML form filling
- If there is a form filling script for the current page&site, retreive data from the appropriate I-Card, and pass this data along with the script the client (e.g. HBX) so that the client can fill in forms on that page
/** * Gets a form filling script for the specified site&user * @param host the site url where user lands on * @param username the user name * @param form the HTML form name * @return a form filling script */ public java.lang.String getFormFillingScript(String host, String username, String form) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
- If there is an HTML scraping script for the current page&site, pass it to client (e.g. HBX) and retreive from client attribute data that RP Protocol Support can store in a site-specific IdASCard I-Card
/** * Gets an HTML scraping script for the specified site * @param host the site url * @return an HTML scraping script */ public java.lang.String getHtmlScrapingScript(String host) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
- Acquire a card
// acquire the RSS feed from the RP site and then // create a new (site-specific) I-Card whose attributes are defined in the feed acquireICard(String subscribeURL)
- Create an RSS-SSE feed that publishes the minimal subset of attributes required/supported by the RP site from the appropriate I-Card. If available, subscribe to a reverse RSS-SSE feed and use the data to update the a site-specific Card I-Card.
OpenID 2.0 Support
- <to be written>
Sign-on Confirmation Notify
// Locate the URIICard-type I-Card whose URI matches 'cref'. If no such // card exists, create it. Find the Digital Subject whose unique identifier // is 'cuid'. On the uniqueIdentifier attribute value itself: // (1) if 'success' is true, add/update to "now" the // the lastVerifiedFromSource metadata property's timestamp and // (2) add/update the lastVerifiedAttempt metadata property's timestamp // to "now". void connectionNotify(ContextRef cref, String cuid, boolean success)
- The Higgins browser extension invokes this method after it has attempted to use the username 'cuid' at the website 'cref' with the password (retrieved from the browser's password manager) along with a HTML scraping script retrieved from RP Protocol Support to sign in to this site.