Jump to: navigation, search

OpenMobilityMeetingMinutes

Revision as of 04:58, 10 November 2017 by Gregor.laemmel.dlr.de (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

10 November 2017

== Attendees

  • Bosch
  • DLR
  • TESIS DynaWare
  • rFpro

News

  • Robert, DLR gave a talk at at the EclipseCon
  • rFpro has a new partner who is interested for the driver in the loop application in background traffic, more sophisticated lane changing behavior.
  • Bosch is willing to become a paying member of the Steering Committee, details will be discussed at the Kickoff Meeting

== Agenda for Kickoff Meeting

  • Meeting is scheduled on 20 November from 10:30 to 15:00 CET
  • Location will be at DLR in Berlin
  • Aim of the meeting is:
    • finalize the Working Group Charta
    • member status commitments (Steering Committee vs. Member)
    • decided about the working groups formal starting data (tentative 1 Jan 2018)

12 October 2017

Please see meeting slides File:OpenMobilityt20171012Telco.pdf

6 Sep 2017

Please see meeting slides File:OpenMobility20170906Telco.pdf

14 July 2017

Attendees

  • Robert Hilbrich (RH), DLR
  • Michael Behrisch (MB), DLR
  • Mathias Höhne (MH), DLR
  • Gregor Lämmel (GL), DLR
  • Marek Heinrich (MH), for ZIP
  • Christoph Sommer (CS), University Paderborn
  • Robert Protzmann (RP), Fraunhofer
  • Michele Segate (MS), University of Trento

Status „Eclipse SUMO“

  • Preparation for migration (Git, trac, wiki, mailinglists, …)
    • Migration to Git outside of Eclipse to keep history
    • Initial commit requires history flattening
    • Wiki, issue tracking will move to GitHub issues
    • Mailinglists will be moved soon
  • Current situation regarding licenses
    • Licenses of all dependencies need to be checked
    • Parallel IP process
    • Eclipse Board may allow to distribute LGPL libraries - requires board approval
    • IPZilla for license issues -> Committer Questionaire (CQ)
    • C++11 to get rid of library

Status „Veins, VSimRTI, Plexe“

  • CS: No news
  • Robert Protzmann: Refactoring
  • Checking of licenses at Fraunhofer
  • Webform to have the project setup at Eclipse
  • MS: No time for development
    • SUMO part - Demo case for EclipseCon in October?
    • Veins part

Status „OpenMobility Working Group“

  • Initial proposal for a mission, vision, scope and purpose of the charter

Vision and Goals
Mobility is a basic human need as well as a defining part of human development. It has always been a driver for innovation and technological advancements in a variety of domains and applications.

Understanding and predicting mobility and traffic induced effects is a complex task which to master is a key to understand an interconnected world in which the mobility of not only of persons and goods but also information and data shapes traditional global trade and work commutes the same way it does give rise to new business models such as on demand car sharing or in time food delivery.

The complexity and variability of traffic phenomena make simulation an unique/effective tool for designing, analyzing and evaluating traffic systems.

The objective of the OpenMobility Working Group is to develop, standardize and promote open source solutions towards an open and modular mobility simulation framework including not only the movement of vehicle and people but also its interconnection with information transmission technologies and associated new business concepts.

This framework focuses on modeling and simulating the dynamics and interactions off all moving objects/entities/elements/actors, such as cars, bicycles, pedestrians, trains, trams, ...

The OpenMobility Working Group is explicitly developing open source solutions to ensure vendor neutrality and openness for research and academia. It aims for supplying valid models which help to evaluate new mobility approaches before bringing them into action in a scientifically sound manner as well as providing an easily accessible infrastructure to model traffic scenarios...
Purpose and Scope

The Open Mobility Working Group coordinates, influences and develops open source solutions with the following focus:

  • Microscopic and Mesoscopic traffic simulation
  • Car2X communication
  • Routing
  • Provide the environment to model many different modes of transport
  • (modeling and simulating the dynamics of all traffic participants such as road vehicles, trams, trains, vessels, bicycles and pedestrians and the interaction between them and the infrastructure)

Intended application domains for this framework are car manufacturing / automotive industry, logistics, traffic management, ...

Further target groups: consultants, public agencies, academia, …

The main purpose is to concentrate on the simulation and solution development for mobility problems on a city or regional level. While the interfacing to further tools such as single (submicroscopic) car simulators or large scale traffic demand models is highly desirable, the development of those tools is not in the focus of the group.

The groups aim is to deliver validated models which can be accepted as stanadard tools in academic as well as industry applications. To this end the members of the group will focus not only on tool development but also on teaching and disseminating their application as well as expanding and integrating the userbase.

Misc

  • Talk @ EclipseCon Europe 2017 in Ludwigsburg got accepted (Oct. 24th-26th)
  • Feedback from BMW - OpenPASS Working Group / Development in C++
  • Continue using Lync? Other alternatives?
    • Suggestion: Slack
    • Suggestion: WebEx from TU Berlin
  • Next telco: September 4, 1pm (WebEx link from Karl)

24 June 2017

Attendees

  • Robert Hilbrich (RH), DLR
  • Michael Behrisch (MB), DLR
  • Mathias Höhne (MH), DLR
  • Gregor Lämmel (GL), DLR
  • Erik Newton (EN), rFpro
  • Christoph Sommer (CS), University Paderborn
  • Marek Heinrich (MH), for ZIP
  • Reiner Gaspar (RG), Bosch
  • Michele Segate (MS), University of Trento
  • Robert Protzmann (RP), Fraunhofer

General

  • As there are no objections, meeting minutes will be put on the website

News

  • EN: One customer is interested in pedestrians + bicycles. Information regarding OpenMobility will be forwarded to the customer.
  • MH: ZIP's membership application in the Eclipse Foundation is in process, currently no support needed.

Recent Events

demonstrate SUMO.

  • There will be a workshop on 16 August with VW at DLR to discuss prospects of SUMO+VEINS+VSimRTI

Status: Eclipse SUMO

Status: VEINS/VSimRTI

  • CS will develop an adapter, which will take about 2-3 months.
  • CS will send an overview about the intended work to RH for publication on the wiki.
  • RP will provide a coupling of VSimRTI with SUMO and Omnet as Eclipse project. He will send an overview about this to RH for publication on the wiki.

Status: Plexe

  • MS agreed to sign a contributor license agreement so Plexe can be hosted in the SUMO project repository.

OpenMobility Working Group

  • We have a name (OpenMobility) and a subtitle (Advancing Simulation Environments for Transport Applications)
  • Mailing list will be provided soon by Ralph Mueller
  • Next steps: DLR will make a proposal for out mission and vision. Proposal will be discussed in the next meeting.

Next meeting

  • 14 July at 10am CET.
  • We are looking for an alternative to Lync. Everyone please check if you can provide WebEx or similar, otherwise next meeting will be on Lync again.