The Oomph Project is dedicated to providing extensions to the Eclipse Platform that improve the user experience.
One of Oomph's show case technologies is the Eclipse Installer. The installer exploits Oomph's flexible and powerful setup engine to automate the installation of applications as well as the provisioning of workspaces. For an overview of this technology in action on a very large useful example, have a look a the instructions for Provisioning the Platform SDK which creates a dedicated installation for working the source code of all projects that comprise the Eclipse Platform's SDK.
The Eclipse Installer can be used to create specialized installations and to provision customized workspaces.
The following technologies are supported by Oomph:
- Dynamic Working Sets provides the ability to create project working sets based on flexible predicates (rules) for specifying which projects should be in each particular working set.
We offer three types of drops: release, milestone, and nightly. They can be found in these composite repos:
The following is an uber composite of the three above composites:
For each of the four composite repos we offer a smaller variant that contains only the latest drop:
- http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates/release/latest (contains only the latest release build)
- http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates/milestone/latest (contains only the latest milestone build)
- http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates/nightly/latest (contains only the latest nightly build)
- http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates/latest (contains only the latest build)
The single drops are individually available under http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/drops as follows:
Note that at most five nightly drops are kept and that milestone drops are only kept until shortly after the next release.
Authoring Setup Models
Please read Oomph Authoring Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting in Touch
First browse the FAQ to see if your question has already been answered.
As a user you should post your questions and comments to the public forum:
- Web: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.oomph
- Newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org:119/eclipse.oomph
You can also monitor the developer mailing list or discuss development topics:
- Archive: https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/oomph-dev
- Mail: mailto:email@example.com
- Newsgroup: news://news.gmane.org:119/gmane.comp.ide.eclipse.oomph.devel
If you encounter trouble or miss a feature please:
- Search for existing bugzillas to avoid duplication.
- You can watch the
firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified about new bugzillas.
- If nothing else helps kindly submit a new bug report or feature request.
Contributing to Oomph
Please read the Oomph Contributor Guide.
- Provisioning the Platform SDK
- Oomph Basic Tutorial by Jonas Helming (December 2016)
- Oomph setup for Xtext projects by Lorenzo Bettini (October 10th, 2015)
- The Eclipse Installer by Martin Ambrus, a short presentation video of the Oomph-powered Eclipse Installer (August 2015)
- Create your own product by Florian Thienel (July 5th, 2015)
- Oomph Workshop: Eclipse the Way You Want It by Eike Stepper (June 21st, 2015)
- Using the New Eclipse Installer by Lorenzo Bettini (May 11th, 2015)
- Walk-Through with Many Examples by Jörg Reichert (March 22nd, 2015)
- How to configure Mylyn Task Queries for an Atlassian JIRA Connector with Oomph Installer by Aurelien Pupier (September, 2014)
- Quicker Start Guide for Oomph by Philipp Hauer and Alexander Nittka (June 30th, 2014)
- Creating Custom Installations with Oomph by Stefan Winkler (April 1st, 2014)
- Top 10 Eclipse Mars Features by Ian Bull (June 24th, 2015)
- Using Oomph's bleeding edge nightly builds by Michael Vorburger (June 2015)
- Eclipse Installer avec Oomph by Pierre Gradot (June 1st, 2015)
- Install Eclipse Projects with a lot more Oomph by Alex Blewitt (March 21st, 2015)
- Oomph: A Matter of Preference by Ed Merks (November 2014)
- Eclipse has Oomph by Eike Stepper (May 2014)
- Installer Tool Oomph Proposed as Eclipse Project by Lucy Carey (March 31st, 2014)
- Shoes for the Shoemaker by Ed Merks (February 14th, 2014)
- Eclipse Oomph bringt Schwung ins Projekt by Eike Stepper (June 26th, 2014)
- OpenDaylight Mini Summit recording of an Oopmh related presentation (June 2016) Slides from this session are also available on slideshare (faster) and on GDocs in better quality
- OpenDaylight.org has Oomph, Eclipse.org Installer for automated workspace provisioning (April 2016)
- The Eclipse Installer a short presentation video of the Oomph-powered Eclipse Installer (August 2015)
- Oomph: Eclipse the Way You Want It a speaker pitch video for the EclipseCon France (June 2015)
- Interview with Eike Stepper on the Eclipse Oomph project by Alex Blewitt (May 27th, 2015)
- Oomph: Eclipse the Way You Want It session recording and slides from the EclipseCon North America (May 21st, 2015)
- Papyrus Oomph Model Refinements by Christian Damus (July 8th, 2014)
- Provisioning a Papyrus Development IDE with Oomph by Christian Damus (July 6th, 2014)
- Oomph: Automatically Provision a Project-specific IDE a video recording of the talk at the EclipseCon France (June 2014)