Welcome to the Higgins Wiki (click Higgins Home if that's what you really wanted). This wiki is a catch-all place for misc documentation, spex, etc. that don't otherwise fit nicely into one of the left-hand menu items on the Higgins Home page.
The Higgins Home site and this wiki are not integrated from a navigational point of view so it is is easy to get lost. From Higgins Home you can click the menu items at the left and get where you want to go, including back to this wiki. The best thing to do is bookmark Higgins Home, not this wiki page. At the bottom of every wiki page we try to remember to put a link back to Higgins Home. Oh, and did we mention Higgins Home.
- 1 Upcoming Events
- 2 Developing, Building and Deploying
- 3 IP-Related
- 4 Interoperability
- 5 Archives
- 6 Eclipse
- 7 Related Communities
- 8 Reference
- 9 Links
Developing, Building and Deploying
- HEAD -- ongoing development for Higgins 1.0
- B1-0M9 -- state of components at the end of 1.0M9
- M0-8 -- state of components at the end 1.0M8
- Build Enhancements --list of planned enhancements to the nightly and developer build processes
- Automated Builds --description of the existing nightly build process
- Starting a Higgins Build
- Generating anonymous psf file using PERL script --steps to generate anonymous psf file for a project including all it's dependencies
- Copying necessary 3rd party libs to project lib folder using PERL script --steps to copy all necessary 3rd party libs from centralized location (local) to project lib folder
- Higgins2Ant -- new page, needs work
- Deployment Requirements -- gathering requirements for our build/deploy processes
Being a Component Owner
- List of Higgins Third Party_Dependencies
- Open Higgins Ipzilla items (committers only)
- Response to Open Specification Promise --Higgins and Microsoft CardsSpace
- Draft Response to Open Specification Promise --earlier draft
- CardSpace Interop --testing with CardSpace IdP/STSes and RPs
- Relying Party Security Policy - rough draft
- Idemix and Higgins
- Integrating With Higgins
- Preliminary Use Cases
- OpenXRI Support
- Dependency Template
- 2007 identity events - use as input to plan 2008 events
- Development Resources
- Eclipse Development Process 2006 Revision Final
- Guide to the Eclipse Legal Documents
- Eclipse Committer Due Diligence Guidelines, feel free to email email@example.com with any IP related licensing or process questions
- Eclipse Legal Copyright standards
Clarification of IP processes for use of third party libraries
- Any time anyone working on the Higgins project wants to introduce a project dependency, it needs to be brought forward to the Higgins project.
- If the decision is made to introduce the dependency and the dependency involves software that is not licensed under the EPL, then a formal IP process needs to be gone though to approve the software binaries for inclusion in the project cvs. Note that this process must be followed even if the software is a common java library used by other Eclipse processes. (If the software has been used by another Eclipse project, the process is much faster.) Eclipse has a system IPzilla for managing this process. If you are anticipating a dependency, you need to bring it forward as soon as possible to allow time for the IP due diligence process to take place. See more about IPzilla below.
- Libraries licensed with EPL are the easiest to get permission to use, followed by Apache 2.0. GPL and LGPL licences are not compatible with EPL.
- Orbit is a new Eclipse project http://www.eclipse.org/orbit/ designed to be a repository for third party libraries that are approved for use in Eclipse projects. If the incoming libraries are not already bundles then Orbit committers will work to create a bundle that is suitable for use in Eclipse projects. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Orbit_Faq for a list or Orbit managed libraries. Orbit managed libaries are the easiest of third party libraries to add to an Eclipse project. Even if a library is listed under Orbit, you still need to go through the IPzilla process before putting it into the Higgins CVS.