|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
|Open • Help Wanted • Bug Day|
NEW: This page covers the oneM2M version of OM2M. If you are looking for documentation for the smartM2M version (v0.8.x) click here.
OM2M provides an open source service platform for M2M interoperability based on the oneM2M standard. OM2M follows a RESTful approach with open interfaces to enable developing services and applications independently of the underlying network. It proposes a modular architecture running on top of an OSGi layer, making it highly extensible via plugins. It supports multiple protocol bindings such as HTTP and CoAP. Various interworking proxies are provided to enable seamless communication with vendor-specific technologies such as Zigbee and Phidgets devices.
OM2M provides a RESTful API for creating and managing M2M resources. It includes several primitive procedures to enable machines authentication, resources discovery, applications registration, containers management, synchronous and asynchronous communications, access rights authorization, groups organisation, re-targeting, etc.
This API operates on the following primary resource types:
- CseBase: describes the hosting CSE, and is the root for all other resources within the hosting CSE.
- remoteCse: stores information related to M2M CSEs residing on other M2M machines after successful mutual authentication. It enables Cses interactions using retargeting operations
- AE: stores information about the Application Entity after a successful registration on the hosting CSE.
- Container: acts as a mediator for data buffering to enable data exchange between applications and CSEs
- AccessControlPolicies: manages permissions and permissions holders to limit and protect the access to the resource tree structure.
- Group: enhances resources tree operations and simplifying the interactions on the API interfaces by adding the grouping feature. It enables an issuer to send one request to a set of receivers instead of sending requests one by one.
- Subscription: stores information related to subscriptions for some resources. It allow subscribers to receive asynchronous notification when an event happens such as the reception of new sensor event or the creation, update, or delete of a resource.
- "JAVA 1.8" at minimum is required to run OM2M.
- "Apache Maven 3" is required to build OM2M.
- Clone and Build the project
- Config the node(s)
- Start the node(s)
- Web Interface
- REST API
- How to use oneM2M MQTT binding NEW!
Going further - Advanced tutorials
- Develop oneM2M applications
- Develop an Interworking Proxy Plugin
- Develop an Interworking Proxy Application Entity (IPE) Plugin with SDT
- Developing with FlexContainers
- Change database config.
- Integrate OSGi DAL devices into OM2M by using DAL IPE Plugin
- The OM2M roadmap is available here Roadmap
- OM2M talk at EclipseCon San Francisco 2014
- (PDF) OM2M presentation at Eclipse IoT Days Grenoble 2016
- (Video) OM2M at Eclipse IoT Days Grenoble 2016
- Public documentation contains all Presentation slides, Videos, Scientific Publications, etc. related to the OM2M project.
The OM2M project leads and contributors list is available here.