In this tutorial, you can download already built OM2M binaries or learn how to build OM2M from source code by yourself using command line or Eclipse.
Get OM2M binaries
- Download OM2M binaries from this link: OM2M.zip.
- Extract the archive. You will find the NSCL and GSCL products.
- Use start.bat for windows or start.sh for linux to start NSCL and GSCL. (JAVA 1.7 is required to run OM2M)
Build OM2M from source code
Build OM2M using Command line
Clone OM2M project
- Clone the OM2M project using git with the following command:
git clone http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/om2m/org.eclipse.om2m.git
Add required libraries (This step will be removed when all third libraries are validated by Eclipse)
- To help you take advantage of the OM2M platform, we decided to provide the source code and ask you to manually add libraries currently being validated by Eclipse:
- Download required libraries from this link: OM2M-libs.rar
- Extract OM2M-libs and copy the following libraries to "org.eclipse.om2m" repository as follows:
- "db4o-core-java5-8.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" library under "org.eclipse.om2m.core\libs"
- "obix.jar" library under "org.eclipse.om2m.commons\libs"
- "xsd" folder under "org.eclipse.om2m.commons\src\main\resources"
Build OM2M using maven command line
- Apache Maven 3 is required to build OM2M.
- Got to the "org.eclipse.om2m" directory.
- Build OM2M using the following command: (An internet connection is required to download dependencies)
mvn clean install
- Two Eclipse products will be generated after a successful built:
- The NSCL product can be found on this directory: "om2m/org.eclipse.om2m/org.eclipse.om2m.site.nscl/target/products/nscl/<os>/<ws>/<arch>"
- The GSCL product can be found on this directory: "om2m/org.eclipse.om2m/org.eclipse.om2m.site.gscl/target/products/gscl/<os>/<ws>/<arch>"
- You can also import the "org.eclipse.om2m" project as maven project in the Eclipse RPC IDE, and use Eclipse maven tools to build the OM2M platform.