- Eclipse kepler (for RCP and RAP Developers).
- For a seamless integration of Maven and Tycho into Eclipse, a Tycho m2e connector is needed. Installation of m2e connectors is accomplished as follows: click Window -> Preferences -> maven -> discovery -> open catalog and type Tycho. Check the “Tycho Configurator” checkbox.
Build OM2M from source using Eclipse
Clone The OM2M project
- Select Windiow->Show View -> Other .
- In the dialog box, select the Git view.
- Click on “Clone a Git repository”.
- Clone the OM2M project using the following link: http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/om2m/org.eclipse.om2m.git. In the first page, enter the mentioned link in the URI’s location field. Click Next .
- In the second page, keep the “master” branch checkbox selected and click Next.
- In the third page, check the “clone submodules” and “import all existing projects after clone finishes” and click “Finish”.
- The OM2M project is now cloned and is visible on the Git repositories’ and Package’ explorers.
- Now we will add the required libraries. This step will be removed when all third libraries will be validated by Eclipse.
- Download the libraries from this link: http://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/Download
- Extract OM2M-libs and add the following libraries to "org.eclipse.om2m" repository as follows:
- "db4o-core-java5-8.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" library under "org.eclipse.om2m.core\libs",
- "obix.jar" library under "org.eclipse.om2m.commons\libs",
- "xsd" folder under "org.eclipse.om2m.commons\src\main\resources".
Build OM2M using maven
- Select “org.eclipse.om2m” package and right click. Select “Run as -> maven install”.
- Two Eclipse products will be generated after a successful built:
- The NSCL product can be found on this directory: "om2m/org.eclipse.om2m/org.eclipse.om2m.site.nscl/target/products/nscl/<os>/<ws>/<arch>"
- The GSCL product can be found on this directory: "om2m/org.eclipse.om2m/org.eclipse.om2m.site.gscl/target/products/gscl/<os>/<ws>/<arch>"
Develop a new plug-in
Create a new plug-in project
- Create a new plug-in project called org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu via File → New → Other → Plug-in Project.
- Enter the data as depicted in the following screenshots.
- Uncheck the Create a plug-in using one of the templates checkbook and press the Finish button.
- As result the following project is created.
Convert the plugin into maven project
- Open the build.properties file in XML and update the src attributes as depicted in the following figure.
- Select the created plug-in "org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu" → right click → configure → maven to maven project.
- Enter the data as illustrated in the following and press the Finish button.
- Once the plug-in is converted, open the pom.xml file to edit the parent filed.
- Click on "select Parent" icon and enter "org.eclipse.om2m" in the "Enter groupId, artifactId or sh1 prefix or pattern" field.
- Select "org.om2m.eclipse" and press ok.
- We end this step by updating the plug-inf project. For this, select the "org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu" project → maven → update project.
Add the plugin as a maven module to the OM2M parent project
- In this part, we will add the created plug-in as a module to the om2m platform:
- Open the pom file of the org.eclipse.om2m package.
- Go to the modules tab and press Add button.
- Select the org.eclipse.ipu.om2m.sample.ipu plug-in and press ok.
- Build the om2m package and its sub-projects. To do this, select the "om2m.org.eclipse" package → right click → Run as → maven install.
- Check the org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu was successfully built. At the buid end, we should get this result.
- Remark: To keep the same display pattern for all the platform' plugins, you can add description and name tags to the org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu' pom.xml file.
<project> ...... <name>org.eclipse.om2m :: sample ipu</name> <description>org.eclipse.om2m :: sample ipu</description> ..... </project>
Add the plugin to the OM2M product(s)
- The final step consists of adding the created plug-in to one of om2m platform products, i.e the gscl or the nscl executable. In the following, we choose to add the org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu plug-in to the gscl product:
- select the org.eclipse.om2m.site.gscl package.
- open the om2m.product file.
- Press Add button and Type org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu
- Click on ok button and save.
- Build the om2m package and its sub-projects: select the "om2m.org.eclipse" package ? right click ? Run as ? maven install.
- To check that the "org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu" was successfully added to the gscl product, run the gscl and verify in the console if the "org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu" is displayed.