OCL/New and Noteworthy/2021-09
Eclipse OCL New and Noteworthy items for the 2021-09 (6.16.0) release.
This minor release fixes a few bugs.
(The work on Bye Bye invalid was still not ready in time for 2021-09.)
The prevailing Eclipse OCL release candidate is auto-tested every week on Oxygen, Photon, 2018-09, 2018-12, 2019-03, 2019-06, 2019-09, 2019-12, 2020-03, 2020-06, 2020-09, 2020-12, 2021-03 and 2021-06 platforms using Jenkins on Linux and the prevailing Java/project versions for the release.
2021-09 release should be installable on Mars and Neon platforms provided Xtext 2.9 or greater is also installed.
The 2021-09 sources may only be buildable on 2021-09.
Java 8 on Windows was used to develop and test the milestones of this release. Following the Eclipse platform migration to a Java 11 minimum, development now uses Java 11, although standalone tests continue to use Java 8.
Java 12 on Windows was briefly used to maintain and test the 2020-06 release candidates. It appears to work although Java code generation/compilation seems nearly three times slower - see Bug 565563.
Java 11 on Jenkins, Linux was used to build and test the release candidates.
The Classic Ecore/UML plugins have been tested on Mars, Neon, Oxygen and Photon and on a Java 5 Virtual Machine. Standalone execution requires only the org.eclipse.osgi plugin from Eclipse Kepler or a spoof of org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS and org.eclipse.osgi.framework.
The Pivot plugins require at least a Java 8 Virtual Machine and at least Xtext 2.9.1. Testing on Oxygen has a couple of test failures. Testing on Mars and Neon has a few editor/console startup failures.
- 573836 Choice of UML-like [1..1] or Ecore-like [0..1] default multiplicity is now a preference.
- 574038 Generated Java rather than Delegated/Interpreted is now the default genmpdel preference..
- 574483 Unrestricted names such as Integer can now be used as the Complerte OCL context without escaping.
- 573843 OCL library declaration of = and <> no longe exclude null values.
- 575560 OCL and QVTd editors no longer fail to open for external, rather than project, file inputs