OCL/New and Noteworthy/2018-09
Eclipse OCL New and Noteworthy items for the 2018-09 (6.5.0) release.
This minor release fixes a few bugs and provides enhanced extensibility for OCL-based applications such as QVT.
The major changes are:
- Migration from the http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html EPL 1.0] to the EPL 2.0 license
The 2018-09 release is installable on Mars, Neon, Oxygen and Photon platforms provided Xtext 2.9 or greater is also installed.
The 2018-09 sources are buildable on Photon or 2018-09.
Java 8 on Windows was used to develop and test the milestones of this release.
Java 10 on Windows was briefly used to maintain and test the Photon release candidates. It appears to work although Java code generation/compilation seems nearly three times slower - see Bug 565563.
Java 8 on Jenkins, Linux was used to build and test the release candidates.
The Classic Ecore/UML plugins have been tested on Mars, Neon, Oxygen and Photon and on a Java 5 Virtual Machine. Standalone execution requires only the org.eclipse.osgi plugin from Eclipse Kepler or a spoof of org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS and org.eclipse.osgi.framework.
The Pivot plugins require at least a Java 8 Virtual Machine and at least Xtext 2.9.1. Testing on Oxygen has a couple of test failures. Testing on Mars and Neon has a few editor/console startup failures.
- 527458 Jenkins Job added to demonstrate Oxygen and earlier compatibility.
- 527458 Jenkins Job added to demonstrate that Classic Ecore tests run on a standalone Java 5 classpath.
- 527458 Jenkins Job added to demonstrate that Classic UML tests run on a standalone Java 5 classpath.
- 535493 Migrate to EPL 2.0.
- 535712 Derived Pivot resources are immutable, unsaveable avoiding HTTP 405s
- 535842 Derived Pivot resources are immutable, unsaveable avoiding *.oclas workspace pollution
- 535888 Built-in Pivot metamodel model now shared rather than recreated
- 535999 Successful evaluation of correctly-named wrongly-scoped Property avoided
- 536125 A CS save no longer leads to unresolved proxies for the OCL Standard Library
- 538551 CME hazard avoided during editor update