Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Modeling PMC Meeting, 2006-11-21
Revision as of 01:35, 21 November 2006 by Codeslave.ca.ibm.com
- I'm hoping we'll hear from David Sciamma (since Pierre can't attend) about their proposal to work on an Ecore graphical editor at Eclipse, eventually working towards a UML graphical editor that represents and exemplary use of the GMF runtime.
- Nick will give us status on the build and web infrastructure changes that are underway.
If there are other things you'd like on the agenda, feel free to add them.
- working to migrate UML2 build into EMFT, to create the first of the MDT builds; could also start w/ OCL or EODM
- XSD will continue to be built as part of EMF for probably another few months as splitting tests and examples will require assistance from the rest of the EMF team and they don't have the cycles
- CVS sandbox coming soon, possibly on build.eclipse.org itself, but not useful until I have a place to run test builds (also waiting on SLES10)
- plan to migrate MDT builders to build.eclipse.org once SLES migration is completed
- SLES10 migration has caused release notes generator (old php script) to no longer work when promoting; hope to not have to fix it as Neil's tool obsoletes it; temporary workaround is to generate XML from bugzilla RDF query and manually enter it into release notes files
- migration to build.eclipse.org will require a lot of new web UI. Details here: Modeling Project Builds
- MDT completed, including FAQs, Wikis, docs, generated release notes (ported from old formats)
- dynamic release notes coming soon, but will not be public until after SLES10 migration (could run on emft.eclipse.org if necessary)
- EMF is slated next once Neil's done w/ release notes database
- 2+ weeks of DNS/CVS/SSH problems (dev.eclipse.org, download1.eclipse.org) delaying build/promo script testing (eg., renaming emft-*.zip to mdt-*.zip)
- SLES 10 migration prevents doing anything on build.eclipse.org. Current PHP and mySQL versions are not compatible w/ Neil's new tools and supporting multiple versions is just extra unnecessary work
- RSS: EMFT/MDT projects to start publishing feeds (will be used by release notes tool)
- UM site digest/optimization
- JAR signing
- source builds
- releng.basebuilder M3_33
- EMF 2.3 Doc: extension points reference
- remove downloads page dependency on build.options.txt