Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
MoDisco/New and Noteworthy/2019-12
Eclipse MoDisco New and Noteworthy items for the 2019-12 (1.5.0) release.
This semi-major release accommodates the termination of the EMF Facet project and the migration of MoDisco to life support.
The version jump from 1.2.0 signals a discontinuity in some naming for which strict application of the API policy mandates a major version change. However since the APIs are unchanged, many users will benefit from the minor version change.
- The required EMF Facet plugins are folded into MoDisco renaming all EMF Facet names as MoDisco Facet.
- The legacy GMT MoDisco names are renamed to eliminate GMT.
- The conflicting org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.omg.smm plugin is eliminated; use the newer org.eclipse.modisco.omg.smm.
- Use of antlr 3.0.0 is replaced by 3.2.0.
- The minimum BREE is for Java 8.
- The licensing is changed to EPL 2.0.
The release is built and tested using Java 8 and Eclipse 2019-12. It is likely to be useable on earlier platforms that support Java 8.
- 552871 The BIRT chart metamodel registration no longer provokes third party crashes.