MDT/UML2/New and Noteworthy/Photon
M4 (December 11)
- A release record has been created for the 5.4.0 release and UML2 has declared participation in the Photon simultaneous release, with an offset of +1.
- A number of updates have been made based on changes in EMF; see bugs 428088, 485764, 519582, and 522658 for details. Source code for the UML metamodel was regenerated based on the latest templates and code generator behaviour.
- The UML2 5.4.0 M4 build has been contributed to the Photon release train.
M5 (January 29)
- The UML2 build system has been migrated from Buckminster to Tycho (see bug 526568) based on a generous contribution from Ed Willink. In conjunction with this migration, explicit dependency versions were added to bundle metadata (see bug 526679) and some tests were refactored (see bug 528450).
- Gerrit has been set up for contributions to the UML2 project; see bug 529533 for details and information on how to get started with Gerrit.
- A number of updates have been made based on changes in EMF; see bugs 522703, 529487, and 530555 for details. Source code for the UML metamodel was regenerated based on the latest templates and code generator behaviour.
- The UML2 5.4.0 M5 build has been contributed to the Photon release train.
- A new “Operations Folder” option has been added to the UML2 code generator for models (see bug 529044). This option allows operations classes to be located in a different source folder (relative to the model project directory) from the rest of the generated code.
- A new ‘package’ element has been added to the
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.generated_packageextension point (see bug 529564). This new element allows the generated Ecore representation for an arbitrary UML package (one that isn’t a profile) to be registered and subsequently looked up via the
UMLUtil#getNamedElement(ENamedElement, EObject)utility method.
- The performance of some stereotype application operations has been improved (see bug 528925). Note that, with this change, the following methods have been deprecated by newer versions with an additional
- An problem with loading certain legacy models has been addressed by ensuring that the standalone UML resources utility registers the UML source models with the URI converter during initialization; see bug 526217 for details.
- An illegal constant (
TimeUnit.MINUTES, which isn’t available in Java 5) has been removed from one of the unit tests; see bug 529547 for details.
M6 (March 12)
- UML2 build jobs have been migrated from Hudson to Jenkins (see bug 530650). Some obsolete parameters for publishing builds were removed in the process (see bug 530550).
- A number of updates have been made based on changes in EMF; see bugs 342235, 438123, 530555, 531027, and 531034 for details. Source code for the UML metamodel was regenerated based on the latest templates and code generator behaviour.
- An Oomph setup has been provided for UML2, thanks to a contribution from Ed Merks; see bug 532169 for details.
- An issue with serializing activity groups and nodes to binary format has been fixed; see bug 528762 for details.