Prerequisites for Building Lyo Projects
- Eclipse 3.6 or higher IDE
- EGit team provider for Git or the Git command line package.
- m2eclipse for Maven support in the Eclipse IDE
- Java 1.8
If you wish to use Java 1.6 or 1.7, you will need to install Antlr 3.2 (Lyo currently uses Antlr 3.5.1 which is incompatible with versions of Java prior to 1.8). If you use Java 1.7 or earlier, you will need to modify the .pom files to use Antlr 3.2 instead of 3.5.1.
Information for older Lyo installations
Prior to November 2015, Lyo required Java 1.6 or newer compiler and runtime. The Eclipse project settings have been set appropriately. If you are building outside of Eclipse, please use Java 1.6.
IBM JVM/JRE Users: There is an issue with older m2eclipse versions and the the IBM JRE. If you have see the error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder when running a Maven install, you either need to upgrade m2eclipse or copy a newer slf4j api jar into your JRE directory to work around the issue until it is fixed:
See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=338252 if you are interested in the details
- Download slf4j-1.6.2.zip and extract the zip.
- Copy slf4j-api-1.6.2.jar from the slf4j distribution to the JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext directory