Launch Plan for IoT Java
A number of the Eclipse IoT projects are targeting Java developers. By September 2014 most of these projects will have completed their first release from eclipse.org. Therefore, it is time we start talking about the overall solution for Java developers that is available from Eclipse IoT.
We will launch an IoT Java Stack at JavaOne, September 28-Oct. 2
IoT Java Projects
- Concierge [OSGi runtime]
- Paho Java Client [MQTT]
- Californium [CoAP framework]
- OM2M [OneM2M]
- Eclipse SmartHome
- Eclipse SCADA
- Connect and Manage IoT Solutions
- We need to determine if we can create a download that can be used by Java developers.
- What is the content of a download?
- Potential deployment targets: Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, others?
- Can we lineup a hardware partner and/or distributor like Element 14
List of potential demos
- Main demo using Kura, MQTT and CoAP, can be extended by
- White Paper describing IoT Java Stack
- Tutorial for Kura and Concierge
- Java IoT Cookbook - ex. open hardware for Java developers, how to use MQTT, how to use CoAP, etc.
- Need to create a landing page for IoT Java on iot.eclipse.org
- Eclipse Booth
- Fact Sheet
- IoT Java sessions at JavaOne
- Cross promotion and demos with other Eclipse IoT partners at JavaOne
- Press release
- Eclipse Party @ JavaOne
- Booth handouts
- Webinar series
- Post-launch activities
- IoT Newsletter for Eclipse Newsletter in October
List of member companies from Eclipse IoT WG that would like to participate in the launch: