JakartaEE - MicroProfile - Community day
EclipseCon Europe 2018 Jakarta EE and MicroProfile Community Day
When: October 22, 2018
Session Time Slot(s): 09:00 - 12:30 and 14:00 - 17:30
Where: EclipseCon Europe, Ludwigsburg, Germany
We have reserved Bürgersaal room for 100+ people available.
Attendees will need to register for the Community Day.
(1) Eclipse Foundation orientation for Jakarta EE - introduction to and explanations around Eclipse Foundation governance processes, infrastructure, etc.
- Introduce EF and its mission
- IP / Trademark process
- Processes for Committer and contributors
- Jakarta EE relevant processes - what is new
- Eclipse Specification Process
- What is new in TCK, TCK process?
- Eclipse Governance and Jakarta EE Roadshow
(2) Meet the spec: short presentations on specific JakartaEE projects/specs2 Reach out to community members who would like to present the current status of a JSR and its transition to Jakarta EE related project (ee4j project) and its future direction Adopt a spec SmallRye - intro Jakarta community to be approached (abstract / entry for the talk)
So far we have
Rudy De Busscher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
EE Security 1.0 With the introduction of the Java EE Security API in EE 8, it was no longer needed that applications are secured by performing some obscure process which was different for each application server. Instead, we have now a modern, fully portable, extendible and CDi based approach. This session gives a short preview of EE Security 1.0 and his history, before moving on to the new features which are planned in the next version. The target audience is everyone who has some basic knowledge of CDI and Servlets and is interested in securing a Web application.
Werner Keil <email@example.com>
JSON-P and JMS/OpenMQ
(3) MicroProfile workshops featuring MP specs
MicroProfile workshops/tutorials/hackathon Company Presenters Implementation Specification
Red Hat Heiko Rupp, Michal Szynkiewicz, and other Red Hatters Thorntail
Payara Steve Millidge + TBD Payara Micro MP Config MP Open Tracing
Multiple Companies Michal Szynkiewicz SmallRye hackathon
Oracle Dmitry Kornilov, Tomas Langer Helidon MicroProfile
Everyone should have a laptop for the workshop
(4) Open meeting / Town Hall
- Meeting focus - provide project status in a transparent environment to the community from members of Jakarta EE WG (PMC and other committees) and give the community the opportunity to give input, feedback and ask questions.
EDF Board meeting, as well as Oracle Code One, are at the same time. This could be a challenge.
WG memeber available: Dmitry Kornilov Ivar Grimstad Kevin Sutter Markus Karg Werner Keil
Eclipse F - Wayne / Tanja / Gael