JWT and STP STPIM
This join STP - JWT discussion aims to put STP and JWT face to face and outline their respective vision, offering and features, weight their oppositions and complementarities, in an attempt to foster a common, consistent vision and tooling of BPM and SOA.
A key link is the STP Intermediate Metamodel, which aims to be the "glue" in the SOA space between the various STP tools, and that has already been integrated in JWT.
Next step : draft & to be discussed at ESE'08
Existing ties between JWT and STP
- STP and JWT "friend projects" and discussions from as far back as '06
- the SCA service platform-themed SCOrWare research project has provided STP and JWT with committers (Adrian, Stéphane, Alain, Vincent, Marc...) and contributions (among others, in STP its SCA Editor and in JWT its BPMN and XPDL transformations, as well as upcoming BPM for SOA/SCA features)
- JWT - STP-IM transformation by Augsburg University
Complementarity : what STP lacks and JWT may provide
My feeling is that STP is possibly lacking things :
- which runtime platform does it run on,
- which BPM engine,
- tooling use integration (STP-IM provides an answer, but for the user it is still not a consistent SOA experience)
This outlines several axis of possible complementarity with JWT
- ex. JWT as the complete BPM solution (including engine(s)) for STP,
- or as the open, flexible BPM modeler for STP.
What is "JWT and STP-IM"
Goals : to build the vision of what is "JWT and STP-IM"
- in theory (how do they complement each other, or not)
- and in practice (consistency of complete tooling solution : where does jwt2stp-im fit in the soa development process...).
TODO see STP-IM layers of the SOA space theory