Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
|Open • Help Wanted • Bug Day|
It is a child project of the WebTools Platform (WTP) which reuses the Structured Source Editing (SSE) components and that was initiated by cloning and adapting the Java Development Tools (JDT) project.
JSDT also integrate JS to other technologies like HTML, JSP, CSS, Nodejs, Gulp, Grunt, JSON, Angularjs, Chromium (V8), etc.., plus is open to integrate even more (CoffeeScript, TypeScript...) and is driven by a small and though development team.
Contribute with us, if you dare!
JSDT is split up into three functional areas:
- Core - all of the core components, including, but not limited to, the parser, compiler, DOM and ASTs
- Debug - integrated debug support for Rhino and Crossfire
- UI - all of the UI bits that drive the core
There are many features that the JDT has the the JSDT also has.
A few of these key features are:
- Syntax Highlighting
- Full outlining showing Classes, Functions and Fields
- Highlight and check of matching bracket / parenthesis
- Auto-complete of brackets, parentheses and indentation
- Marking of Occurrences
- Generation of element JSDoc
- Hover Help that displays element declaration with JSDoc or Error message
- Configurable Error/Warning checking including full language syntax and type/class structure resolution
- Flow analysis showing unreachable code, unused variables and variable hiding.
- Completion Templates
- Extensible and customizable Code Formatting
- Full Search
- Refactoring - renaming, moving, member extraction
- Support for user defined and browser libraries.
JSDT is included in WebTools and in the Release Train aggregator site. So latest release can directly be installed from http://download.eclipse.org/releases/<luna|mars|...>.
- Milestones are accessible via the site of the next release (ie http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars when next Eclipse release is Luna).
- Snapshot builds are accessible via webtools integration site http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R3.7.0/ or via the JSDT-sepecific snapshot site http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/jsdt/snapshots (which may contain additional experimental features, not contributed to WebTools yet).
- User forum
- Contributors mailing-list
- Contributors conference calls planning, logistics and minutes