This page tracks the work in progress to add Java(TM) 7 support (mainly jsr334: project coin) into Eclipse JDT UI. See JDT Core/Java7 for the work in the JDT Core plug-ins.
Dani will look at Content Assist. For other Eclipse features (Refactorings, Quick Fixes/Assists, Hovers, Source Actions, Search, etc.) see assignments below.
|Switch_on_Strings (Raksha)||Binary_Literals (Raksha)||Underscores_in_Literals (Raksha)||Multi-catch (Deepak)||More_Precise_Rethrow (Deepak)|
|Try-with-Resources (Deepak)||Simplified_Varargs_Method_Invocation (Markus)||Diamond (Raksha)||Polymorphic_Methods||Unicode_6.0 (Dani)|
||Tested and works but can be improved (e.g. by adding Quick Assists or Quick Fixes)|
||Not done yet|
Things to remember/caveats
- The following lines should be added in all headers of modified files for the Java(TM) 7 implementation:
* This is an implementation of an early-draft specification developed under the Java * Community Process (JCP) and is made available for testing and evaluation purposes * only. The code is not compatible with any specification of the JCP. *
- Goal of the first pass is to make Eclipse work with the new language features. For more advanced support (new quick fixes / refactorings / templates / ...), please file a bug with the [1.7] tag.
- Bugs that went into the BETA_JAVA7 branch should be RESOLVED/FIXED with Target Milestone "---" and the [1.7] tag in front of the summary.
- For ASTNode changes:
- Search for references to a changed AST Node and update code that relies on the concrete structure
- Check references to superclasses of the changed/added node type. E.g. for UnionType, code that thinks it handles all known subtypes of Type needs to be adjusted.
- Add new node types to switch or if-else-if statements
- Think about cases where code could use StructuralPropertyDescriptors
- Think about cases where new bindings can show up.