- 1 Planning page for JDT Implementation of Switch Expressions (JEP 325) for Java 11
- 1.1 Compiler changes
- 1.2 Compiler AST Creation
- 1.3 Java Search support
- 1.4 DOM support
- 1.5 Content Assist support
- 1.6 UI Changes
Planning page for JDT Implementation of Switch Expressions (JEP 325) for Java 11
Main tracking bug: bug 531714
Changes regarding the compiler:
Switch Expression grammar changes - add bug number This would be a major grammar change effort/time estimate for grammar - Currently here - need to rewrite the grammar - est : 5 days remaining.
Compiler AST Creation
Tied with parsing - expected to be done 3-5 days the basic structure
Flow analysis changes
will have flow analysis changes - 3 days.
Type inference will have to be dome since switch may be an expression - 7 days?
- new error reports. (2 days - in parallel with flow analysis ?)
not too much work expected - 2 days
Java Search support
slight change expected - 2d
ast changes expected - 3 days.
Content Assist support
- additional place the content assist be applicable - 2 days (opportunistic)
- Switch ASTs to JLS11 (generic - 1d)
- Show inferred type of variable - no change expected
- Allow JDT UI to target Java 11 in Compiler Preferences - generic (1d in parallel)
- convert to a switch statement ( 3 DAYS? jdt.ui to comment)
- coalesce two or more case statements to comma separated since coase statements - 4 ays> jdt.ui ? opportunistic
- add switch in templates - 1d
- Expected to have an impact - especially breakpoints - 1w approx