Hackathon Hamburg 2017 July
In this event you can meet with other interested developers to improve Eclipse projects. We expect you to know how to develop in Java. No previous Eclipse development knowledge is required but of course it is helpful if you know already about Eclipse development. We do Eclipse Hamburg Hackathons on a regular basis.
In this event we basically sit together can you can ask questions, see how other people work on Eclipse and find areas where you may want to contribute to Eclipse to improve your favorite framework or IDE feature.
This is what we typically do:
- work on the Eclipse source code
- test new features in the Eclipse IDE
- validate or open new Eclipse bug reports
If you are an Eclipse user, contributor or committer, we hope this event will be a lot of fun for you. Attendees can hack away with the help of experiences Eclipse developers and can help to improve the Eclipse platform and its projects.
So, bring your laptop and be ready to see some code!
Angewandte Softwaretechnik (MAST)
Date and Time
17.07.2017, Start 11:00 (morning) - as long as we want (most likely around 22:00)
This Hackathon is being sponsored by:
You choose what you hack during the event. For inspiration, the following projects might be interesting.
- Eclipse UI planning bugs: Eclipse 4.6 planning bugs
- Eclipse platform: List of bugs to fix.
- e4 Tools: List of bugs to fix.
- EGIT: List of bugs to fix.
- Bug 496355: Application.e4xmi elements.
- uDig (#GIS) : Review pull requests https://github.com/locationtech/udig-platform/pulls
It will be helpful if you register your user already for Gerrit contributions and make yourself familiar with the Eclipse platform. See lists of resources for futher information.
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending, please add your name and email address to the list below. We use the email to notify you in case something changes. If you have any trouble with the wiki, just send an email to the organizers.
List of resources
- Free edition of contributing to Eclipse book from Lars Vogel: You may start at chapter "II. Preparing code contributions to Eclipse platform"
- Tutorial about Eclipse platform development
- How to configure your user to contribute via Gerrit
- Eclipse plug-in development tutorial
Email distribution list to get info
We announce the next dates always on the Eclipse Hackathon mailing list. Use the following link to register for it: Eclipse Hackathon email distribution list