Hackathon Hamburg 2015 Q4
In this event you can meet with other interested developers to improve Eclipse projects. We expect you to know how to develop in Java. No previous Eclipse development knowledge is required but of course it is helpful if you know already about Eclipse development.
In this event we basically sit together can you can ask questions, see how other people work on Eclipse and find areas where you may want to contribute to Eclipse to improve your favorite framework or IDE feature.
This is what we typically do:
- work on the Eclipse source code
- test new features in the Eclipse IDE
- validate or open new Eclipse bug reports
If you are an Eclipse user, contributor or committer, we hope this event will be a lot of fun for you. Attendees can hack away with the help of experiences Eclipse developers and can help to improve the Eclipse platform and its projects.
So, bring your laptop and be ready to see some code!
Date and Time
This Hackathon is being sponsored by:
You choose what you hack during the event. For inspiration, the following projects might be interesting.
Eclipse platform List of bugs to fix.
e4 Tools List of bugs to fix.
EGIT List of bugs to fix.
Today's topics and suggested Bugs
A majority of Eclipse developers work with EGIT and of course Eclipse Contributor do this as well, there we suggest to focus on EGIT during this hackathon.
Here a some sample Bugs, which might be resolved by the attendees:
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=373969 - Save position of Sash in Staging View
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=441357 - Correct Tab order in Dialog
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=471119 - Add mars icons to EGit
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=418193 - Create Wizard for Deleting Branches
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=355630 - Adding mnemorics for git preferencepages
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=345077 - UI Improvements
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=473494 - Test 4.6 on JDK9
Of course these are only suggestions and you may tackle whatever bug you like during this Hackathon.
It will be helpful if you register your user already for Gerrit contributions and make yourself familiar with the Eclipse platform. See lists of resources for futher information.
- Tobias Baumann, Hapag-Lloyd AG
- Philip Wenig, OpenChrom
- Simon Scholz, vogella GmbH
- Lars Vogel, vogella GmbH
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending, please add your name and email address to the list below. We use the email to notify you in case something changes. If you have any trouble with the wiki, just send an email to the organizers.
List of resources
- Tutorial about Eclipse platform development
- How to configure your user to contribute via Gerrit
- Eclipse plug-in development tutorial