Google Summer of Code 2011 Ideas
- Be creative
- Be specific: what do you want to be implemented
- If you are willing to mentor those ideas, add your name and email to the idea.
- GSoC project ideas should align with an existing Eclipse project
- If you're an interested student, add your name and email next to the idea. It is ok to have several students interested in one idea.
- Aspiring students and mentors need to register and submit their proposals on the SoC app
If you were a mentor last year then you are automatically in the list this year (the GSoC site may require that you re-register, but we think of you as "in").
Note that we only accept as mentors people who are known to us. This includes Eclipse committers. If you would like to be a mentor, please either introduce yourself to the group using the soc-dev mailing list, or send a note to EMO.
Idea proposal should contain the following information:
- project title, like "WTP - Improve auto-complete in xml editor"
- description with links to bug reports, project wiki pages, etc
- Reporter: who submitted idea (optional e-mail)
- Possible Mentors: who would like to mentor the students
- More info: other links or e-mail
- Eclipse Project: link to main eclipse project that improvement is targeting
- Potential students: who is interested (with optional e-mail). This one completely informal, to actually be interested you need to submit the proposal. Contact the idea owner or possible mentor to get some details before submitting it.
EGit / JGit - git-blame support
It's about adding support for "git blame" in JGit (git library in Java) and EGit (Eclipse integration and UI). There is an early proposed draft for the jgit part by Benjamin Muskalla which is based on prior work from Manuel Woelker but there wasn't much progress on that in the last months.
If you are interested to have a closer look refer to the EGit Contributor Guide to find out how to setup your environment for contributing and maybe try to fix some low hanging fruit from our bug list to get a feeling what these projects are all about.
- Reporter: Chris Aniszczyk
- Possible Mentors: Chris Aniszczyk, Matthias Sohn
- More info: EGit mailing list
- Eclipse Project: EGit
- Potential students: ???
Acceleo - Export profiling data to gprof
Acceleo has a nice profiling model, so it could be nice to be able to export this data to gprof files so that the user can leverage other more sophisticated tools to analyse the trace. See bug 293304. If you want to know more about the profiling in Acceleo see the user guide.
If you are interested to have a closer look refer to our Contributor Guide to find out how to setup your environment for contributing.
- Reporter: Mariot Chauvin
- Possible Mentors: Mariot Chauvin, Laurent Goubet, Cédric Brun
- More info: M2T mailing list
- Eclipse Project: Acceleo
- Potential students: ?
Eclipse Project - My project title (THIS IS A SAMPLE)
Description with links and other information.