Revision as of 14:09, 4 August 2014 by Alexander.nyssen.itemis.de (Talk | contribs)
Draw2d 3.x, GEF (MVC) 3.x, and Zest 1.x. are the currently available production components provided by the GEF project. They have the following scopes:
- Draw2d (org.eclipse.draw2d) - A layout and rendering toolkit for displaying graphics on an SWT Canvas.
- GEF (MVC) (org.eclipse.gef) - An interactive MVC framework built on top of Draw2d, which fosters the implementation of rich graphical editors for the Eclipse Workbench.
- Zest (org.eclipse.zest) - A visualization toolkit based on Draw2d, which enables implementation of graphical views for the Eclipse Workbench.
Information for Consumers (Developers)
- New and Noteworthy 3.9 (Stable)/ 3.10 (Development)
- Articles, Tutorials, Slides
Information for Contributors & Committers
GEF is a mature project with stable API. To develop innovations without interfering with the Draw2d/GEF (MVC) 3.x and Zest 1.x development stream, we have started to work on a GEF4 provisional component.