< G-Eclipse | Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 10:40, 7 July 2009 by Harald.kornmayer.it.neclab.eu (Talk | contribs) (→Action)
|Meeting Title:||g-Eclipse Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday July 7, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 0700 SFO / 1000 NYC / 1500 London / 1600 Berlin|
|Dial-in:||The conference calls are open to the public, and we invite everyone to participate. All you need is an Internet connection, the EVO software, and a EVO user id. You can get everything you need at evo.caltech.edu.|
- Ariel Garcia
- Pawel Wolniewisc
- Harald Kornmayer
- Sylva Girtelschmid
- Markus Knauer
- Review document is now in the CVS at FZK. We should limit the document to minimal requirements. We aim for a review in August.
- Architecture section finished by Mathias (thanks!)
- Ariel will contribute to the bugzilla section (this week!)
- Pawel contributed to he communities section
- project plan was update by Harald
- IP Clearance needed, here Ariel and Harald will try to contribute, perhaps with support from Markus
- contributing to the release review document (ALL)
The build process is up to date and now effort needed here. Thanks to Ariel!
- Ariel asked about the progress concerning the data management problems with LFC. Performance issues were reported while opening a folder on a Grid storage element. Can we identified were the performance leak is coming from? We have a cache mechanism which can be on our side or the Grid is not performant enough. The general problem if it is the Grid or the g-Eclipse framework.
- Pawel report on problems with certificates form Baltic Grid CA which prevents to use g-Eclipse there. Seems that communication between services is not working. Pawel will follow this, but it looks like the normal EGEE mess!
- Ariel mentioned the problem of a user (from Wuppertal) who does not see WMS services for altas. Is there a connection with new CREAM interfaces. Can be problems with the BDII used or with our implementation.
- Pawel reported on the ACAT paper being accepted.
- Harald and Markus have a meeting with Amazon developers.
- David reported on a paper for Journal of Grid Computing. Deadline is end of July 2009. The issue is planned for September next year. The paper should be 15 to 20 Pages.