Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "G-Eclipse/Meeting Minutes/2009-07-07"

(Action)
(Additional Topics)
 
Line 40: Line 40:
 
== Additional Topics ==
 
== Additional Topics ==
  
* Ariel asked about the progress concerning the data management problems with LFC. Performance issues were reported while opening a folder on a Grid storage element. Can we identified were the performance leak is coming from? We have a cache mechanism which can be on our side or the Grid is not performant enough. The general problem if it is the Grid or the g-Eclipse framework.
+
* Mateusz and Ariel worked on the LFC issue. There are obviously two branches which should be merged asap. Please do so! Ariel and Mateusz.  
 
+
* Pawel report on problems with certificates form Baltic Grid CA which prevents to use g-Eclipse there. Seems that communication between services is not working. Pawel will follow this, but it looks like the normal EGEE mess!  
+
 
+
* Ariel mentioned the problem of a user (from Wuppertal) who does not see WMS services for altas. Is there a connection with new CREAM interfaces. Can be problems with the BDII used or with our implementation.
+
 
+
* Pawel reported on the ACAT paper being accepted.
+
 
+
* Harald and Markus have a meeting with Amazon developers.
+
 
+
* David reported on a paper for Journal of Grid Computing. Deadline is end of July 2009. The issue is planned for September next year. The paper should be 15 to 20 Pages.
+
  
 +
* Pawel will support Ariel in the problems with the Baltic Grid CA which prevents to use g-Eclipse there.
  
 +
* Ariel will send an Email to the mailing list in order to restart the effort for the Journal of Grid Computing paper around EGEE.
  
  
 
[[Category:g-Eclipse]]
 
[[Category:g-Eclipse]]

Latest revision as of 10:43, 7 July 2009

Meeting Title: g-Eclipse Conference Call
Date & Time: Tuesday July 7, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 0700 SFO / 1000 NYC / 1500 London / 1600 Berlin
Dial-in: The conference calls are open to the public, and we invite everyone to participate. All you need is an Internet connection, the EVO software, and a EVO user id. You can get everything you need at evo.caltech.edu.

Attendees

  • Ariel Garcia
  • Pawel Wolniewisc
  • Harald Kornmayer

Regrets

  • Sylva Girtelschmid
  • Markus Knauer

Topics

Update

  • Review document is now in the CVS at FZK. We should limit the document to minimal requirements. We aim for a review in August.
  • Architecture section finished by Mathias (thanks!)
  • Ariel will contribute to the bugzilla section (this week!)
  • Pawel contributed to he communities section
  • project plan was update by Harald
  • IP Clearance needed, here Ariel and Harald will try to contribute, perhaps with support from Markus

Action

  • contributing to the release review document (ALL)

Build process

The build process is up to date and now effort needed here. Thanks to Ariel!

Additional Topics

  • Mateusz and Ariel worked on the LFC issue. There are obviously two branches which should be merged asap. Please do so! Ariel and Mateusz.
  • Pawel will support Ariel in the problems with the Baltic Grid CA which prevents to use g-Eclipse there.
  • Ariel will send an Email to the mailing list in order to restart the effort for the Journal of Grid Computing paper around EGEE.

Back to the top