Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "G-Eclipse/Meeting Minutes/2009-04-28"

(Topics)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
==Topics==
 
==Topics==
  
* No schedule for official for the release until Markus is back.  
+
* Software installation on gLite for the course will be solved by Sylva and
* There was a request from Angelo for access to the CVS in Karlsruhe
+
Ariel. There seems to be no issue on g-Eclipse itself. Main problems seems to
** we have to contact Thomas before we grant access right!
+
be inherited from gLite infrastructure.
  
* Harald will participate at the Cloud Conference with a presenation
+
* Release 1.0 review is planned now. We aim for a release at the end of may.
 +
Ariel will take care on list of contributors and contributions itself.
 +
* release review documentation must be written in CVS in Karlsruhe. Harald will start.
 +
Import part is the planning items for the next milestone.
 +
* Wayne Beaton was contacted concerning the future top level project and we aim for
 +
a stay in the technology part.
 +
* Release will be on Ganymede and we will provide an update site and epp package for
 +
the Eclipse code base.
 +
* Some work to reduce dependecies in the core should be done!
 +
* we will not wait for the ssh IP CQ, but go ahead instead!
  
* Sylva reported on problems with parametric jobs. There was a problem with
+
===Action===
output to a single output file. Sylva will contact Kasia for a solution.
+
* contributing to the release review document
 
+
* Contribution questionnaire for ssh was sent was sent by Ariel and ist waiting for
+
the PMC to confirm it. IP-Zilla number http://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3226
+
 
+
* gzlib-CQ is still pending. Ariel will take care on it.
+
 
+
* we should ping PSNC concering the data management problems
+
 
+
*
+
  
 
===Reminders===
 
===Reminders===
 
* JSDL problem from earlier meeting
 
* JSDL problem from earlier meeting
 
 
* data management gets important.
 
* data management gets important.
  

Revision as of 10:16, 28 April 2009

Meeting Title: g-Eclipse Conference Call
Date & Time: Tuesday Apr 28, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 0700 SFO / 1000 NYC / 1500 London / 1600 Berlin
Dial-in: The conference calls are open to the public, and we invite everyone to participate. All you need is an Internet connection, the EVO software, and a EVO user id. You can get everything you need at evo.caltech.edu.

Attendees

  • Harald Kornmayer
  • Sylva Girtelschmid
  • Ariel Garcia

Regrets

  • Markus is on conference

Topics

  • Software installation on gLite for the course will be solved by Sylva and

Ariel. There seems to be no issue on g-Eclipse itself. Main problems seems to be inherited from gLite infrastructure.

  • Release 1.0 review is planned now. We aim for a release at the end of may.

Ariel will take care on list of contributors and contributions itself.

  • release review documentation must be written in CVS in Karlsruhe. Harald will start.

Import part is the planning items for the next milestone.

  • Wayne Beaton was contacted concerning the future top level project and we aim for

a stay in the technology part.

  • Release will be on Ganymede and we will provide an update site and epp package for

the Eclipse code base.

  • Some work to reduce dependecies in the core should be done!
  • we will not wait for the ssh IP CQ, but go ahead instead!

Action

  • contributing to the release review document

Reminders

  • JSDL problem from earlier meeting
  • data management gets important.

Additional Topics

  • ...

Action Items

  • CQs for ssh plugins and jzlib, Ariel

Carry over items

  • JSDL Editor into its own installable feature?
  • Data management performance. - Mateusz!
  • Email by Piter de Boer (uva.nl) on 25.2.09 regarding LFC reuse and bugfixing, see http://www.science.uva.nl/~ptdeboer/lfc/ . Did we react to that email, and profit from his fixes?

Back to the top