Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Equinox p2 M3
The third milestone of the Equinox p2 work is now available. This follows the Milestone 2 release.
New and Noteworthy
Some notable improvements in this milestone:
- The agent download is now available for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- You can install to any platform using the same Installable Unit.
- An initial version of a UI for automatic updates is now provided with the end user UI.
- An initial support for reliable installation has been put in place, thus avoiding leaving things behind in the event of failure.
- The bundles have been renamed to be under the org.eclipse.equinox.p2 namespace.
For those who want to learn more, give it a spin or get involved, we've put together a series of guides that will help you along the path. These documents will continue to fill out and evolve with the provisioning support.